DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mid-recording, MPP gimbal reset, stopped recording video and locked to photo mode, and switched to ATTI

wchutlknbout

Reactions
Problem?
I was filming in a studio this weekend. Yes I have read in other posts that flying indoors isn't recommended, but actually things were going very well for the entire shoot and the client was very excited about the shots we were getting. I was using the DJI prop guards and was confirming on the DJI GO app that they were in use with each takeoff.

It was the last shot of the day (thankfully) and I was near a grid of ballasted flourescent lights filming video at 1080 60fps MP4. My gimbal was pointed straight down. After about 3-4 minutes of maintaining a fairly stable hover, suddenly the gimbal reset itself to pointing straight ahead, the recording stopped, the recording mode switched to photo, and I was unable to switch it back. It also switched to ATTI mode and lost it's position lock. Obviously I decided to land it. One note I should say is that we were in a green screen room so there wasn't a lot of detail for the visual positioning system to grab on to. I had been using a landing pad for reference up to that point but obviously the birds-eye angle and frame-filling nature of the action in this particular shot prevented me from using the landing pad as a reference point.
Another note I should add is that while before I had been about 6" below the grid of lights, for this shot I had gone up to level with the lights in a space in the grid. The actual ceiling of the room was still at least 8 feet above the drone though.

Was unit in a crash?
No

What have you tried so far?
Have not been able to reproduce the problem.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
iPad mini 4

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Newest

What Go app version are you using?

DJI Go 4.0 (newest version)

Any modification?
(if so what)
DJI prop guards

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
Unfortunately one of the issues is that it stopped the recording on it's own (I had plenty of room on the media)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+