DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Midwest DSAR - how many are interested?

Kneebeard

FAA 107 Certified
Reactions
I have been watching the threads on DSAR (Drone Search and Rescue) on the forum. The current sessions are too far for me to travel. Are there (20) Midwest pilots with the 107 interested in making this happen closer to home?
If so - I am also interested in ideas on where to host the training?

I have been watching the threads on DSAR (Drone Search and Rescue) on the forum. The current sessions are too far for me to travel. Are there (20) Midwest pilots with the 107 interested in making this happen closer to home?

BTW do you have any experience with SAR? We have a bunch of members from the midwest who do...

Thanks for the feedback, Thunderdones. I will update my profile tonight.
I am NW of Minneapolis in the city of Corcoran.
SAR experience - no I do not - just a desire to help if I have the opportunity (and training).
My son was talking about his fire department looking in to the possible use of drones in his department. I see the potential help Quads can offer, and also understand the need for formal training to be effective.

You have the perfect intro... a son who is a firefighter. We have some members who are police, fire, military, and EMS. We also see the potential that drones can offer, hopefully you and your son can expand the departments equipment to include drones.

I did some filming (video of course) with my Air of the department doing Ice Training last weekend. Yes, we still have lakes covered with ice up here...!
I want to get the OK from the department Chief first, but I will try to post something up soon.

Where are you?
I am in Indiana..

I see you mention, your location in a previous post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
I just talked to one of the Sergeants on the state police. He suggested that I posted it on face book, and he promise me that I would get more than 20 drone pilots to sign up for the training, but I do not have an Face book account.

he suggested a couple of sites that I could use here for the drone training.

I just talked to one of the Sergeants on the state police. He suggested that I posted it on face book, and he promise me that I would get more than 20 drone pilots to sign up for the training, but I do not have an Face book account.

he suggested a couple of sites that I could use here for the drone training.

I would do what the Sergeant recommended. Sometimes it's hard to find people to participate, and thats why I admire @RCdancer and @FatherXmas because they are great organizers. Bob and Charlie got 20 people to come to the last meeting, and hopefully we will get that number or more to come to Atlanta.

Reactions: JakeRobinson
Update: I have been doing some more research on SAR groups and came across AirBears Volunteer Drone Services. I reached out to them and got a very nice email reply to my questions.

Air Bears

Their email reply is included below:

Hi John,

Thanks for your interest in joining our team. Now lets get to answering your questions:

Membership fees:
The one time $25 charge is a registration fee, and that fee is tax deductible. It goes towards the administrative cost of running our organization. There are no membership dues at all.

Meetings?
Air Bears is a world wide organization. At some point we would love to have an annual convention, but due to the fact that we have yet to find sustainable funding, Those plans will have to wait.

Missions?
Many who join us think that we control who is deployed. We don't. When you join Air Bears your contact info is made available to our network of public safety agencies as a resource available to them in case they need it. They contact you directly.

Drones & Fire Safety?
Back in 2015 the national fire fighting community call the drone "the best fire fighting tool since the hose" They absolutely love them, and many depts around the nation have been using them regularly with much success. The sad part is a lot of smaller municipalities can't afford to integrate them. That's where we come in.

The strength of Air Bears is in our membership. The more we have, the better chance there will be someone close by to help when it's needed.

We look forward to having you on our team, and doing great things with your help.

Air Bears HQ

Update: I have been doing some more research on SAR groups and came across AirBears Volunteer Drone Services. I reached out to them and got a very nice email reply to my questions.

Air Bears

Their email reply is included below:

Hi John,

Thanks for your interest in joining our team. Now lets get to answering your questions:

Membership fees:
The one time $25 charge is a registration fee, and that fee is tax deductible. It goes towards the administrative cost of running our organization. There are no membership dues at all.

Meetings?
Air Bears is a world wide organization. At some point we would love to have an annual convention, but due to the fact that we have yet to find sustainable funding, Those plans will have to wait.

Missions?
Many who join us think that we control who is deployed. We don't. When you join Air Bears your contact info is made available to our network of public safety agencies as a resource available to them in case they need it. They contact you directly.

Drones & Fire Safety?
Back in 2015 the national fire fighting community call the drone "the best fire fighting tool since the hose" They absolutely love them, and many depts around the nation have been using them regularly with much success. The sad part is a lot of smaller municipalities can't afford to integrate them. That's where we come in.

The strength of Air Bears is in our membership. The more we have, the better chance there will be someone close by to help when it's needed.

We look forward to having you on our team, and doing great things with your help.

Air Bears HQ
Where is your link to your site

A web site? I don't have one.

Ok

AirBears is a great organization so is Wings of Mercy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members