DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Might Return Mavic 3

Suren

Reactions
I enjoy the Mavic 3, it is a stable drone with a good camera and great flight time BUT this is not why i bought the drone. I bought the drone because of all the advertised features which is to name some but not all. I will be giving the Dji, the benifit till September 2022 to hopefully add/fix the issues with this drone, failing in which i will lodge a claim with our local consumer department for a full refund based on false advertising. I am not going to cry about features that were not spoken of like waypoints etc because this was not advertised but i tire waiting on promised features. This drone launched in November 2021, now we are 6 months on and there are missing features and/or features not performing up to standard.
Dji may have only a 14 return but our local suppliers have to honour what was advertised and sold and i have downloaded and saved the launch video which shows below mentioned features as been part of the drone and no where in the video was it said will be coming in 6 or more months time. It is/was believed that these features will be part of the drone when sold.

• 4G Dongle use for enhanced transmission - DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle Adds One More Layer to Flight Safety
    With the cellular dongle
    [8]
    attached, Mavic 3 can switch to 4G networks for smooth, stable connection when O3+ signals are blocked by buildings, hills, trees, or other structures. During flight, the O3+ transmission system coordinates with 4G transmission and switches seamlessly to ensure a smooth shooting experience.​
  • 1080p 200fps
  • faster then ever GPS lock
  • Unparralled Safety capabilities with 360 degree obstacle avoidence
  • A secondary zoom camera for effortless videoing capability
  • Apas 5.0 - Drone very unstable in bypass mode

Suren . . . I totally agree. Let Consumer Affairs chew on that hide for a while.

It's BBB (Better Business Bureau) and the Department of Consumer Affairs here in the states. These foreign companies sign agreements to do business in other countries. Ethics and responsibility has to be top of the list of fair business practices. The fact that you'd even have to start a post like this is absolutely disgusting.

You know this is the norm for ALL products and is absolutely the way of the world in all ways. We consumers are the beta testers and should have no expectations of things working as advertised.

I mean, I just look in my garage, kitchen, yard, work, office, and see a lot of products that fully work and contain ALL features mentioned on the box (as well as marketing material), but I figure that, hey, maybe it's just that I've been lucky.

I was just at the Costco and found some A/Cs on sale. I didn't see any "full temp and dehumidifying capabilities available soon via firmware updates" stickers. BUT HEY, if you take one of those babies home in a heat wave and it isn't exactly cooling as is promised on the box (or just inherent in the name of the device), just remember that we are ALL beta testers. And you should be TOTALLY okay with that. </satire>

Chris

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I disagree, if you were not happy with your purchase - promised features or not - you should have returned it long ago. It was YOUR choice to keep the drone with all the known problems. Waiting until September which is almost a year after launch is just as bad as DJI dragging their feet on promised features. You would be retuning a used product and expecting a full refund. I don’t know of any other company or product you could do that with.

Chris

I disagree, if you were not happy with your purchase - promised features or not - you should have returned it long ago. It was YOUR choice to keep the drone with all the known problems. Waiting until September which is almost a year after launch is just as bad as DJI dragging their feet on promised features. You would be retuning a used product and expecting a full refund. I don’t know of any other company or product you could do that with.

Chris

These delays are extraordinary, even for DJI. I would be willing to bet that one could make a legal case that a "reasonable amount of waiting time for promised functionality" has already passed.

Chris

Reactions: Joethedrone
These delays are extraordinary, even for DJI. I would be willing to bet that one could make a legal case that a "reasonable amount of waiting time for promised functionality" has already passed.

Chris
I disagree. In the last few years delays have been the norm. As an example, DJI launched the Mini 2 November of 2020 I believe. They JUST released the SDK for this drone about a month ago. The SDK for the Mini 1 was just a few months.

However, there are probably logical explanations for the delays. Whether people know it or not, regions of China were (are still?) again on COVID lockdowns. I'm not sure how many they have had and how it affected DJI operations, but I'm sure that over the past year COVID has had an effect to a great degree.

As a Mavic 3 owner, I feel the M3 is already the best consumer drone out there, despite the missing features, slow GPS and broken Airsense. I am finding the Tele lens incredibly useful, plus the long battery life and 5.1k main camera indispensable. I wouldn't part with the M3 unless DJI abandoned it for a M3S model. By the time Suren's September deadline comes, just about all of the features that we are looking for should be added and the problems fixed. In the meantime, I'm going to fly and enjoy my purchase.

I enjoy the Mavic 3, it is a stable drone with a good camera and great flight time BUT this is not why i bought the drone. I bought the drone because of all the advertised features which is to name some but not all. I will be giving the Dji, the benifit till September 2022 to hopefully add/fix the issues with this drone, failing in which i will lodge a claim with our local consumer department for a full refund based on false advertising. I am not going to cry about features that were not spoken of like waypoints etc because this was not advertised but i tire waiting on promised features. This drone launched in November 2021, now we are 6 months on and there are missing features and/or features not performing up to standard.
Dji may have only a 14 return but our local suppliers have to honour what was advertised and sold and i have downloaded and saved the launch video which shows below mentioned features as been part of the drone and no where in the video was it said will be coming in 6 or more months time. It is/was believed that these features will be part of the drone when sold.

• 4G Dongle use for enhanced transmission - DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle Adds One More Layer to Flight Safety
    With the cellular dongle
    [8]
    attached, Mavic 3 can switch to 4G networks for smooth, stable connection when O3+ signals are blocked by buildings, hills, trees, or other structures. During flight, the O3+ transmission system coordinates with 4G transmission and switches seamlessly to ensure a smooth shooting experience.​
  • 1080p 200fps
  • faster then ever GPS lock
  • Unparralled Safety capabilities with 360 degree obstacle avoidence
  • A secondary zoom camera for effortless videoing capability
  • Apas 5.0 - Drone very unstable in bypass mode
I was thinking this exact thing this morning!... I got mine from Ferntech so wonder how they would play ball with this one.. I also got my M3 FMC on preorder in November... and this talk about a **** 3s in the works (maybe) just plain sucks.

I've just ordered a RC Pro (probably out of my head doing that! especially at fn $1700! lol

I disagree. In the last few years delays have been the norm. As an example, DJI launched the Mini 2 November of 2020 I believe. They JUST released the SDK for this drone about a month ago. The SDK for the Mini 1 was just a few months.

I see. I don't have a Mini, so I didn't experience that. So what you're saying is that these longer delays have become the norm.

This isn't a good thing.

However, there are probably logical explanations for the delays. Whether people know it or not, regions of China were (are still?) again on COVID lockdowns. I'm not sure how many they have had and how it affected DJI operations, but I'm sure that over the past year COVID has had an effect to a great degree.

There's a proper solution for that: DELAY THE PRODUCT LAUNCH.

It's what everyone else does when they couldn't finish the design / manufacturing line / coding, for whatever reason.

Chris

Reactions: orionshooter
As a Mavic 3 owner, I feel the M3 is already the best consumer drone out there, despite the missing features

As a Chevy owner, I feel the Tahoe is already the best truck of it's class out there, despite the missing ... wait, no, this vehicle has everything it was designed for. They would not have released it (and I would not have bought it) if it hadn't.

I'm tired with the rampant complacency here. See ya.

Chris

There's a proper solution for that: DELAY THE PRODUCT LAUNCH.

It's what everyone else does when they couldn't finish the design / manufacturing line / coding, for whatever reason.

Chris
You and I have no disagreements. But you have to under the corporate culture they have over there. You and I think like Americans, or at least Westerners. Back in the day I had one Chinese client. Needless to say they approached things in a totally different way. There expressed needs were different. Even though we discussed things ahead of time, at the time of the shoot they changed things. And when it came to ordering, there was nothing that even came close to what any other client (of over 500) had ever ordered!

DJI, while they make excellent drones have their sales and marketing, seemingly driven by bean counters, who are way smarter at milking beans far better than you or I. They excel at math, differential equations and cost analysis. And sometimes they make mistakes. If you haven't noticed, M3's are readily available at $150 off the initial pricing, retailers calling it a "sale". I suspect they'll drift back into full price so they can call the reduction a sale. But perhaps such a quick sale indicated that the DJI bean counters over-shot a bit?

As a Chevy owner, I feel the Tahoe is already the best truck of it's class out there, despite the missing ... wait, no, this vehicle has everything it was designed for. They would not have released it (and I would not have bought it) if it hadn't.

I'm tired with the rampant complacency here. See ya.

Chris
I'm not complacent at all.... show me another drone that can do everything the M3 does at the same price and I will gladly give it up.

You can continue flying your M2P, and wait for a M3S or Mavic 4. If you don't need what the M3 offers, and many probably don't, then there is no reason to become another beta tester. I'm paying the price for being on the bleeding edge and enjoying just about everything about the Mavic 3 except the slow GPS. The Tele camera allows me to get in tight video of the people/ subjects I am filming without having to get in their face with the drone. Nothing else I have owned comes close.

Reactions: bonzo and GadgetGuy
I was thinking this exact thing this morning!... I got mine from Ferntech so wonder how they would play ball with this one.. I also got my M3 FMC on preorder in November... and this talk about a **** 3s in the works (maybe) just plain sucks.

I've just ordered a RC Pro (probably out of my head doing that! especially at fn $1700! lol
We in the same boat. I just bought the RC Pro and 2 extra batteries and a whole lot of filters. Spent a ton on this drone. I mainly just want what was promised to be delivered and Dji have assured me it will be done but giving myself a deadline makes more sense to me.

It's BBB (Better Business Bureau) and the Department of Consumer Affairs here in the states. These foreign companies sign agreements to do business in other countries. Ethics and responsibility has to be top of the list of fair business practices. The fact that you'd even have to start a post like this is absolutely disgusting.
Agreed, It should not come to this

You know this is the norm for ALL products and is absolutely the way of the world in all ways. We consumers are the beta testers and should have no expectations of things working as advertised.

I mean, I just look in my garage, kitchen, yard, work, office, and see a lot of products that fully work and contain ALL features mentioned on the box (as well as marketing material), but I figure that, hey, maybe it's just that I've been lucky.

I was just at the Costco and found some A/Cs on sale. I didn't see any "full temp and dehumidifying capabilities available soon via firmware updates" stickers. BUT HEY, if you take one of those babies home in a heat wave and it isn't exactly cooling as is promised on the box (or just inherent in the name of the device), just remember that we are ALL beta testers. And you should be TOTALLY okay with that. </satire>

Chris
If we buy a product and expect extra features that's a different story but when features are advertised as being in the drone and after launch/purchase we are told it will be a few months away and never comes is a complete other story

Reactions: orionshooter

Chris
I disagree with you because like I said, I like the Mavic 3 but the promised features are not given as yet. I bought features that were sold, like when I buy a Merc, I buy into the features of the car hence I upgraded my car every year.

Chris
The difference is that CostCo will refund your money on almost anything they sell, even after you have used it, if you simply no longer like it! Time frame varies, but it is 90 days at a minimum on computers and cameras, and potentially forever on most stuff, limited only by your embarrassment at requesting a refund after using it for 5 years!

Handing out of the SDK is not promised when the product is launched and should not be 100% expected. the list I mentioned is promised by Dji as being working and supplied but that has failed to happen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu