DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 AEB merge in DJI FLY App

waffles985

Reactions
Hi all,
I recently got a Mini 2 and started playing around with the AEB shooting mode. I find it's a bit of a pain to import into Lightroom etc. in order to merge the pictures... Is there a quick way that people have figured out how to import? I'm using an iPhone btw. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Hiya. There’s no in-app option. It’s one of those things where there’s no dead easy way of doing it. You’ll always have to import to another program.

Hiya. There’s no in-app option. It’s one of those things where there’s no dead easy way of doing it. You’ll always have to import to another program.
Ah ok, thanks for confirming my fear ?any suggestions on an iOS app that preserves location info when I merge?

on iOS (iPad) the only app I know that does ~HDR from DJI's (rather poor) AEB and keeps metadata is Affinity Photo.
Yeah I have the one my iPad, it’s quick
To import actually from photos but found it clunky to export back to photos app

Ah ok, thanks for confirming my fear ?any suggestions on an iOS app that preserves location info when I merge?
Yep, same as @tibzee - I use Affinity in my iPad Pro.

Reactions: waffles985
My first 3 shot AEB raws and Merged in Lightroom as an HDR. The Back Eddy restaurant , Westport, MA 1.22.21 Sunset.
The first on left is merged. Corrected AEB EV thx to tibzee.

Attachments

• DJI_0192-HDRBackEddy1.22.21.jpg
    DJI_0192-HDRBackEddy1.22.21.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 20
  • DJI_0192.JPG
    DJI_0192.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 18
  • DJI_0193.JPG
    DJI_0193.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 16
  • DJI_0194.JPG
    DJI_0194.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Nice sky, but as we can see, an orange part of the sky is still overexposed. Did you shot it via AEB mode of the Fly app (it's rather +-0.7EV which is not the best range for AEBs I can think of) or manually changed EV and shot 3 images one by one? If the latter, I suggest at least 5 shots -2 -> +2, sometimes -3->+1. And DNGs instead of JPGs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leckhart
Nice sky, but as we can see, an orange part of the sky is still overexposed. Did you shot it via AEB mode of the Fly app (it's rather +-0.7EV which is not the best range for AEBs I can think of) or manually changed EV and shot 3 images one by one? If the latter, I suggest at least 5 shots -2 -> +2, sometimes -3->+1. And DNGs instead of JPGs.
Thx a lot for the feedback. Very new to MA2 and my first AEB test and merge. I'll play more with photos per your suggestion.

Thx a lot for the feedback. Very new to MA2 and my first AEB test and merge. I'll play more with photos per your suggestion.
You're welcome. DNGs are not 100% necessary while doing AEB but might help in "OMG, what a show, I wish I had DNG" situation, but for fun/test it's ok to make the AEB quicker wit just JPGs (shorter write time). What do you use for merge?
VY73 ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Leckhart
You're welcome. DNGs are not 100% necessary while doing AEB but might help in "OMG, what a show, I wish I had DNG" situation, but for fun/test it's ok to make the AEB quicker wit just JPGs (shorter write time). What do you for merge?
VY73 ;)
Lightroom on M1 Mac. I'll look into DNG, I've never noticed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost