DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 and iPad mini 4

Greekislandlover

Reactions
Thinking of getting a Mini 2, and I'm wondering if my mini 4 will work with it? I already use the mini 4 to fly my Mavic 2 Zoom, so I'm not keen on buying more kit to drive it with.

Cheers

PS, looking on the DJI compatibility page DJI Fly- Download Center - DJI it says it is, but I know in the early days DJI Mini and iPad mini 4 didn't play nice, and I'm wondering if it's changed in later versions?

It will work. You’ll just need an adaptor so you can hold it in the controller.

Reactions: GracieDrone
Yes works good - just makesure you can download GoFly app OK
Also buy an additional remote cord as the one that comes with the M2 wont reach
And yes a holder extender
Mine is a bit floppy so looking at changing.

Reactions: Greekislandlover
Thinking of getting a Mini 2, and I'm wondering if my mini 4 will work with it? I already use the mini 4 to fly my Mavic 2 Zoom, so I'm not keen on buying more kit to drive it with.

Cheers

PS, looking on the DJI compatibility page DJI Fly- Download Center - DJI it says it is, but I know in the early days DJI Mini and iPad mini 4 didn't play nice, and I'm wondering if it's changed in later versions?
Hi, be careful! I have an IpadMIni, don't know how old but it worked ok to download the app and fly.. but then after a few minuites it says "CPU unit overloaded" and the Minipad closed down midair! So the Ipad was ok for the app but the CPU was to old. OR? It was ok to fly home w/o seeing anything on the screen.

Last edited:

Cheers

I fly a Mavic Air 2 with an iPad Mini 5 and works flawlessly. There shouldn't be much of a difference, if any, between the 5 and the 4.

Hi, be careful! I have an IpadMIni, don't know how old but it worked ok to download the app and fly.. but then after a few minuites it says "CPU unit overloaded" and the Minipad closed down midair! So the Ipad was ok for the app but the CPU was to old. OR? It was ok to fly home w/o seeing anything on the screen.
gotta have at least a mini 4 anything older and it wont have the CPU power to run the program

Reactions: wisco_pilot

Cheers

I had a Ipad Mini. Ok to download and start/use the app but when flying 2-3minutes the screen said "CPU overloaded" and then the Ipad tried to restart. Happend all the time. Scrapped it. Now use a bigger Ipad. Works great.

I had a Ipad Mini. Ok to download and start/use the app but when flying 2-3minutes the screen said "CPU overloaded" and then the Ipad tried to restart. Happend all the time. Scrapped it. Now use a bigger Ipad. Works great.
Which mini did you have ?

Can someone post a link for a cable to work with the iPad mini 5? From what I read, the default cable won’t work.

Any usb C to usb C cable will do, but I have seen people say the shorter the better?
I'm using a 30cm one of ebay? works ok!

Yes works good - just makesure you can download GoFly app OK
Also buy an additional remote cord as the one that comes with the M2 wont reach
And yes a holder extender
Mine is a bit floppy so looking at changing.
The remote cord that comes with the Mini 2 is plenty long to reach the Ipad mini 4 or 5.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom