DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 and Litchi. Awesome!

Dronut

Reactions
I downloaded Litchi for the Mini 2 a couple of days ago and I have to say it is awesome! It takes the Mini 2 to an entirely new level. Here's some of my experience with the app.

As well as using it on my usual mobile device (that I use with the DJIFly app) I also downloaded it onto a 2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab A (a low spec 64 bit tablet that won't even open the DJIFly app), just to see if I could. Seeing as how Litchi downloaded on the Tab A, I decided to give it a try to see if it would actually run the app. I set up a mission on the Tab A and successfully flew it without a problem. So there may be no need to go out and buy a new high spec 64 bit device with Litchi. The video feed seems to be a little slower than my phone, but it is definitely still usable. My phone still gets warm using Litchi, so I'm not too sure that using something like a Tab A would be advisable for long flights.

The GPS Follow mode is amazing. It will lock onto your phone's GPS and follow you at a pre-determined height and distance, even if you are behind a building or hop into a car.

The Waypoint Missions are incredible! You can set one up in just a few seconds and you're off! You can set up a figure eight track with a Point Of Interest (POI) somewhere on the map and the drone will lock the camera to that spot if you want it too, during all or part of the flight. You can set multiple POIs and have the drone point to them one at a time at various waypoints. You can vary your altitude and your speed, as well as control the direction the drone is pointing manually. I've flown a heap of these and have had no problems.

You can also access unencrypted Litchi flight logs! (Android/data/com.aryuthere.visionplus/files/flightlogs/) So now you can graph out any information you want; for example, time plus voltage, or an XY plot of latitude and longitude, whatever you want. It shouldn't take long for someone to write up and share some code that will allow us to do our own off-line flight analysis. Hopefully they'll support Linux. ;-)

The RTH works like it should, although you'll get an error message if you're too close to the home point. The RTH beeping is a lot quieter using Litchi.

There is a signal strength display for the camera feed as well as one for the RC signal, so you'll know if your video is about to drop out but be also be able to check how much RC signal is getting to the drone, so video glitching isn't as scary as it used to be.

I've made a ton of flights and gone through multiple batteries and I have not had a single problem. So far...

The only thing I don't like about the app is the lack of an attitude indicator. I rely on the one on the DJIFly app to give me an idea of wind strength and direction. On the Litchi app, the only indication of wind strength is your speed, and unless you're using full stick then that isn't much use and if you're using a programmed speed then, again, you're not going to get any useful indication.

There is still a lot of the app I haven't tried yet, but what I have tried has worked as it is supposed to. The only thing you have to be very careful about is setting a safe altitude and know where any potential obstacles are, no matter what mode you are using. Double check EVERYTHING! TWICE!!!

There is still a lot of the app I haven't tried yet, but what I have tried has worked as it is supposed to. The only thing you have to be very careful about is setting a safe altitude and know where any potential obstacles are, no matter what mode you are using. Double check EVERYTHING! TWICE!!!
Check out Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM) for exporting mission previews to Google Earth. I use Dronelink, which has that feature built in, and it's a great way to check altitudes and camera views, and to generally make sure your mission is exactly what you want on the first run.

Thanks RogerDH. It looks like Virtual Litchi Mission is a Windows application and I use Linux. I searched around a bit and came across this thread - Yet another Virtual Litchi Mission (Chrome/Firefox Extension)

It's an extension that works with Firefox and Chrome browsers and Google Earth. Thanks for the heads up.
I'm on Windows and I've used VLM a lot but found that Chrome extension works easily, just plan your mission on Litchi hub in Chrome, download the .kml file and open it with Google earth.

I'm on Windows and I've used VLM a lot but found that Chrome extension works easily, just plan your mission on Litchi hub in Chrome, download the .kml file and open it with Google earth.
Litchi isn't yet out for the Mini 2/iOS combo yet. And while you can use the .kml file, the "export as VLM" function lets you fly the mission virtually with Google Earth Pro. So far I've only had Litchi for my Mavic 2, awaiting being able to try it with my Mini 2.

Can you download and fly a computer generated mission with the Mini 2?

Litchi isn't yet out for the Mini 2/iOS combo yet. And while you can use the .kml file, the "export as VLM" function lets you fly the mission virtually with Google Earth Pro. So far I've only had Litchi for my Mavic 2, awaiting being able to try it with my Mini 2.

Can you download and fly a computer generated mission with the Mini 2?
Yes, the same as you do with your Mavic 2. Generate your mission on the Litchi Hub and save it, when you open your Litchi app in your phone just open your mission and fly. Remember that in order to load you mission you need to be logged in with the same account on both, the Hub and the app.

Yes, the same as you do with your Mavic 2. Generate your mission on the Litchi Hub and save it, when you open your Litchi app in your phone just open your mission and fly. Remember that in order to load you mission you need to be logged in with the same account on both, the Hub and the app.
Thanks. Can't wait until DJI releases the SDK for iOS. In a way it's kind of bewildering that they'd release the Android version first as it appears that in the past they've been biased a bit toward Apple products. But then again Android has made up a LOT of ground.

As a side note, we've been watching a lot of Korean soap operas as of late and we see a TON of Samsung phones with lots of options that you won't see on iPhones. Lots of folding-screen phones. I'll probably get a new phone in Q4, but will definitely be looking at Samsung and Pi Phone (if it's out by then). BTW... The CAR product placement in Korean Soaps is insane. One features Audi, the next Kia, the next Mercedes, Maserati, and the one I'm watching now- Volvo. All the characters drive the same brand throughout the series. Same with phones btw.

That was an excellent review of the app, thanks! I just got Litchi for my Mini-2 as well, but I haven't flown it yet. Now, I'm going to go ahead and plan a simple mission on The Hub, and go fly it as soon as it warms up a bit.

:)

TCS

Reactions: Dronut
That was an excellent review of the app, thanks! I just got Litchi for my Mini-2 as well, but I haven't flown it yet. Now, I'm going to go ahead and plan a simple mission on The Hub, and go fly it as soon as it warms up a bit.

:)

TCS
Thanks Chaosrider. I just thought I'd suggest changing the default Fn (Function) button settings on the app. Click on the gear icon in the top right and then KEYS. C1 equals one click of the Fn button and C2 equals a double click of the Fn button.

I use a single click in the DJI app to reset the gimbal and a double click to lock and unlock the Auto Exposure, so had to change the C1 and C2 functions in the Litchi app to equal the DJI app.

Every Mode (FPV, Waypoint, Follow, etc) has it's own settings to change, so just be aware of that. It took me a while to figure out why the drone stopped every time I reset the gimbal, LOL!

Thanks Chaosrider. I just thought I'd suggest changing the default Fn (Function) button settings on the app. Click on the gear icon in the top right and then KEYS. C1 equals one click of the Fn button and C2 equals a double click of the Fn button.

I use a single click in the DJI app to reset the gimbal and a double click to lock and unlock the Auto Exposure, so had to change the C1 and C2 functions in the Litchi app to equal the DJI app.

Every Mode (FPV, Waypoint, Follow, etc) has it's own settings to change, so just be aware of that. It took me a while to figure out why the drone stopped every time I reset the gimbal, LOL!
Had the same problem, every time I pressed the Fn button the drone stopped then realized that I have to change C1 and C2 functions on the app.

Reactions: Dronut
Let me know. That's all the reason I'd need to shell out for the Litchi app...Lol.
I got confused... I was trying both apps and the sound of RTH was the same quiet on both. But then the low battery alarm kicked in and that's the sound I think I was remembering the RTH as. So, compared to the low battery alarm, the RTH is quiet, LOL! I don't think Litchi changed the RTH sound. It was just my bad memory.

I got confused... I was trying both apps and the sound of RTH was the same quiet on both. But then the low battery alarm kicked in and that's the sound I think I was remembering the RTH as. So, compared to the low battery alarm, the RTH is quiet, LOL! I don't think Litchi changed the RTH sound. It was just my bad memory.
Too bad. Thanks for confirming.

I downloaded Litchi for the Mini 2 a couple of days ago and I have to say it is awesome! It takes the Mini 2 to an entirely new level. Here's some of my experience with the app.

As well as using it on my usual mobile device (that I use with the DJIFly app) I also downloaded it onto a 2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab A (a low spec 64 bit tablet that won't even open the DJIFly app), just to see if I could. Seeing as how Litchi downloaded on the Tab A, I decided to give it a try to see if it would actually run the app. I set up a mission on the Tab A and successfully flew it without a problem. So there may be no need to go out and buy a new high spec 64 bit device with Litchi. The video feed seems to be a little slower than my phone, but it is definitely still usable. My phone still gets warm using Litchi, so I'm not too sure that using something like a Tab A would be advisable for long flights.

The GPS Follow mode is amazing. It will lock onto your phone's GPS and follow you at a pre-determined height and distance, even if you are behind a building or hop into a car.

The Waypoint Missions are incredible! You can set one up in just a few seconds and you're off! You can set up a figure eight track with a Point Of Interest (POI) somewhere on the map and the drone will lock the camera to that spot if you want it too, during all or part of the flight. You can set multiple POIs and have the drone point to them one at a time at various waypoints. You can vary your altitude and your speed, as well as control the direction the drone is pointing manually. I've flown a heap of these and have had no problems.

You can also access unencrypted Litchi flight logs! (Android/data/com.aryuthere.visionplus/files/flightlogs/) So now you can graph out any information you want; for example, time plus voltage, or an XY plot of latitude and longitude, whatever you want. It shouldn't take long for someone to write up and share some code that will allow us to do our own off-line flight analysis. Hopefully they'll support Linux. ;-)

The RTH works like it should, although you'll get an error message if you're too close to the home point. The RTH beeping is a lot quieter using Litchi.

There is a signal strength display for the camera feed as well as one for the RC signal, so you'll know if your video is about to drop out but be also be able to check how much RC signal is getting to the drone, so video glitching isn't as scary as it used to be.

I've made a ton of flights and gone through multiple batteries and I have not had a single problem. So far...

The only thing I don't like about the app is the lack of an attitude indicator. I rely on the one on the DJIFly app to give me an idea of wind strength and direction. On the Litchi app, the only indication of wind strength is your speed, and unless you're using full stick then that isn't much use and if you're using a programmed speed then, again, you're not going to get any useful indication.

hello. are you able to get AEB to work with mini 2 with new Litchi - automatically take different exposure bracket?

hello. are you able to get AEB to work with mini 2 with new Litchi - automatically take different exposure bracket?
Yes. Three photos at three different stops. I haven't changed any settings and the defaults look like 0/0 EV, +2/3 EV, -2/3 EV. I'll answer on your post as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s