DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 and Mavic 2 Pro remote?

GuardianZX9

Reactions
Any chance DJI will enable compatibly for the Mavic 2 remote for the Mini 2?

Already tried manual pairing, no dice.

I really dislike the Mini 2 remote, it's too huge for a tiny portable UAV, not sure why they didn't stick with the smaller form factor. Plus, no way my ipad mini fits the new remote.

Hoping that they will allow pairing with the Mavic 2 or Smart Controller.

G

Reactions: Venomvip
Well I can assure you the SC is much bigger or I should say heavier than the Mini 2 remote. And they certainly aren't going to link it to another remote that was made just for a certain aircraft years ago, so they made it the same as the MA2. The MA2 controller received high reviews for design and ease of use right out of the gate by new owners, so I guess there isn't pleasing everyone. But as it is you may get linking to the SC had they follow suite as they have been doing to allow one remote for multiple aircraft in their new series which at this point they did.

Reactions: Gary R
I don't have the MA2 or MM2, but I too don't think I'll like the new form factor from what I've seen. That seems to be the direction DJI is going though.

Reactions: Venomvip
the main problem is that over the years we have got used to flying with our RCs and have got comfortable with the layout and and where the different controls are situated ,then suddenly DJI change the goal posts during the game ,a new APP then a new style RC ,and it all feels different ,if we had not had the GO4 and old style RC we would not know any better ,this is the nature of so called progress ,i am more than happy with my old style RC that i use to fly my current drones with,it fits in my cases without taking the sticks off and i dont have to think about which control is which and what its going to do
but at the end of the day by the time i am in a position to purchase my next drone then i will have to accept that the RC and APPs will be very different from what i am used to

Welcome to the forum.
Sometime you just have to get use to something new.
They do make iPad holders for the controllers.
Here is my setup.....
IMG_20200714_074432.jpg

I really dislike the Mini 2 remote, it's too huge for a tiny portable UAV, not sure why they didn't stick with the smaller form factor. Plus, no way my ipad mini fits the new remote.

G
Main reason is occusync, no way to have that with the MM1 controller

Reactions: NG Wildman

G

The new remote is hideous, it is way too big and heavy for the purpose of this drone. MM2 is small in your pocket drone, so the remote should be also small to make it easier to carry. I personally like bigger remotes but when I take my whole set with me. When flying MM2 I usually take the drone in a small box/cover and remote in my pocket, I/m ready to fly. With bigger drones, I take a backpack and have all the goodies there. I just don't want to have a backpack to fly MM2. Good thing is that MM2 remote has plenty of juice to charge your phone, there is an option in-app "charge your phone"

Reactions: dulcificum

Hoping that they will allow pairing with the Mavic 2 or Sma

I actually like the feel of the new Mini 2 controller, Mini 1 controller feels like a toy.

Mavic 2 Air was my most recent purchase, from the get-go liked the new controllers feel.

I’ll probably get a Mavic 2 mini this week, sell off my mini 1.

Paul

Reactions: NG Wildman
I actually like the feel of the new Mini 2 controller, Mini 1 controller feels like a toy.

Mavic 2 Air was my most recent purchase, from the get-go liked the new controllers feel.

I’ll probably get a Mavic 2 mini this week, sell off my mini 1.

Paul
It's definitely a different feel, however, after several flights, I can say I have not only gotten used to it, but actually like it...a lot. I don't like change usually, but for all the added abilities of the new Mini 2, I will take it.

Last edited:
With big and heavy smartphone at the top, the remote is out of balance. Previous remotes were made that most of the weight is directly at your hands. And yes for drone that small, DJI had to make us choose what we want to use. And reusing remotes from lost drones M2 is greenier for our planet ;)

The new remote is hideous, it is way too big and heavy for the purpose of this drone. MM2 is small in your pocket drone, so the remote should be also small to make it easier to carry.
Exactly. Completely goes against the main point of this drone. I really really hope they fix it for the Mm3 because it's just the worst design decision they could have made...

Reactions: PaulDoneDrone

G
Interesting... just by a Ipad mini extenter.. I payed approx 3Euro incl, delivery. I just love the Mini2 remote, small, easy to hold and work with. Ofcourse DJI

G
I just love the Mini2 remote size and handling and the 3 Euro extender I bought to fit my Ipad Mini2, Full score for DJI! Thumbswayup:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC