DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 battery puller gadget

Grazuncle

Reactions
Well here it is.. My battery puller

perhaps it is just me but i find it a pain in the rear removing the battery from the compartment of the Mini 2. little space for fingers, operate the battery release and at the same time try and grip the battery to pull it out. Not a deal breaker but a nuisance for me. I designed this with Tinkercad and just printed it.

No it isn't a pair of tweezers! LOL .it doesn't work like that.. there is nothing on the battery release side to grip into. The shorter leg is only there to release the battery (very light upward pressure for that operation)..... you just press down slightly more on the top section with the blade in thin slot/groove where the battery and just pull the battery out.

stl is here.. DJI Mini Battery puller by grazuncle

I use it all of the time now and it wok ok.

For those with printers.. 100% fill, no supports (if printed as is), Plain PLA, use a brim or raft if you have bed adhesion issues.

I'll post this as a new thread.. it might be useful to someone else and not find it in the thread.

I use it all of the time now with the Mni 2 and the battery holder/charger pack..

Attachments

• IMG_20210406_091826_7.jpg
    IMG_20210406_091826_7.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 62
I designed something similar when I first had my mini 2 but after about a dozen times of the battery going in and out the batteries got a lot easier to pull so now don't use the puller
my puller look excatly like yours except I used the motor holder from my P3P with a slight mod on the end so no need for a printer

Reactions: Grazuncle
I just can't get my finger nail in the slot and operate the release button.. Even with more space around the battery pack! LOL

I knew it was not only me :D Every time I am getting the battery out of my mini 2, I have this nasty feeling my hand will slip and knock out the battery door (which is attached with only 2 atoms) :D
Great invention, love those little engineering ideas, which solve actual problems!

But what if I do not have a 3D printer at home ?
Seriously, consider buying one. I’ve had a 3D printer for a few years now, and the amount of stuff I’ve printed is crazy. Good printers don’t cost a lot these days, and they’re so damned useful they really are worth having.

Reactions: bonzo
this is the one I made but don't use it now as the batteries come out easier now,
almost the same as yours, it was a motor holder that came with my P3P but never used.
great minds think alike ;)

Attachments

• 20210406_163043_resized.jpg
    20210406_163043_resized.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210406_163221_resized.jpg
    20210406_163221_resized.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 34
I use a similar gadget to remove and insert my SD cards. These things are better than fingers and easy to carry around.

I have the same issue, my wife has very little in the way of fingernails and cannot get the battery out of the charger.

Reactions: Grazuncle
As others have said... And demonstrated.. You don't' need' a 3D printer to get around the problem.
I just happen to have one and posted the necessary file for my solution.. as it worked

I felt embarrassed at not being able to do a simple manoeuvre with it.. LOL

Reactions: ckoerner

perhaps it is just me but i find it a pain in the rear removing the battery from the compartment of the Mini 2. little space for fingers, operate the battery release and at the same time try and grip the battery to pull it out. Not a deal breaker but a nuisance for me. I designed this with Tinkercad and just printed it.

No it isn't a pair of tweezers! LOL .it doesn't work like that.. there is nothing on the battery release side to grip into. The shorter leg is only there to release the battery (very light upward pressure for that operation)..... you just press down slightly more on the top section with the blade in thin slot/groove where the battery and just pull the battery out.

For those with printers.. 100% fill, no supports (if printed as is), Plain PLA, use a brim or raft if you have bed adhesion issues.

I'll post this as a new thread.. it might be useful to someone else and not find it in the thread.

I use it all of the time now with the Mni 2 and the battery holder/charger pack..
Hi, I've got arthritis and that seems to be a good solution tto the battery in and out problem. do you sell thm?

Hi, that's a great solution for me with Arthritis, do you sell them?

I took a piece of 80 grit sandpaper and flat sanded all my batteries lengthwise for about 2 minutes a side. Successfully eliminated all sharp edges and the battery almost falls in and out, it removed .5 to 1 gram per battery

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000