DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini-2 Best Location to Mount Firehouse Strobe

Chaosrider

Reactions
Where is the best place to put the Firehouse strobe(s) on the Mini-2?

My main purpose for the strobe is to help me see it from farther away. I would think that mounting the strobe on top wouldn't be best for that application, but I may just be wrong about that. Still a Newbie!

Also, Firehouse included a "3M" square for each of them, presumably double sided tape. This is a dumb question, but I assume you have to take the film/paper off of BOTH sides? The reason I ask is that the "3M" side comes off easily, but the white cover on the other side isn't as obvious. I've never been much of a DIY guy, so I'm not familiar with this process.

If I was going to put just one strobe on my Mini-2, which color should it be, and where should I put it, to help me see it from farther away?

Comments and advice appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

TCS

well you're damned if you do and.. LOL

Depends on the strobe.. I have a single Strobon and although i have it on the belly of my Mini 2 i can still see the light at nearly eye level ( side on in other words.. of course if you go higher it is easier to see. The converse is correct.. if you are high u and Mini lower you need it on the top.. LOL

alternatively if you have two on front legs you wont see it going away from you unless you fly it going backwards... then there is weight to consider if covering all bases. The mini is approx 239 gr with battery and memory card so you have some wiggle room -but not a lot.
My main purpose for the strobe is to help me see it from farther away. I would think that mounting the strobe on top wouldn't be best for that application, but I may just be wrong about that. Still a Newbie!

Also, Firehouse included a "3M" square for each of them, presumably double sided tape. This is a dumb question, but I assume you have to take the film/paper off of BOTH sides? The reason I ask is that the "3M" side comes off easily, but the white cover on the other side isn't as obvious. I've never been much of a DIY guy, so I'm not familiar with this process.
My strobon didn't come with what I presumed to be velcro (forgot to order at the same time) but i got the same stuff it would have come from off eBay called 3M Dual Lock.. it is single sided in the sense that it doesn't have different textures.. i.e. hooks and fabric to hook into.. you just cut to identical sections and they push together. The heads look like mushrooms.. see here https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/p/d/b40068944/

If I was going to put just one strobe on my Mini-2, which color should it be, and where should I put it, to help me see it from farther away?

Thanks!

TCS

Thanks!

TCS
Firehouse has a bottom mounting bracket for the Mini 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98