DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 camera problem

Manpreet Singh Bhatia

Reactions
Hi

I have seen a peculiar issue. If I put the camera facing down and fly forward. My camera jitter at the end of forward motion and goes about 10 degree up. Every time I fly pointing downwards

Did any one face similar issue

Yes, I have the same problem in Normal mode. I have learnt to point the camera down about 85 degrees maximum now. That has seemed to stop the problem and that 5 degrees less isn't really noticeable. Also, by not pointing down 90 degrees, I'm not limited to the 8 kph or so maximum speed that happens when pointing straight down.

Reactions: merak75
Yes, I have the same problem in Normal mode. I have learnt to point the camera down about 85 degrees maximum now. That has seemed to stop the problem and that 5 degrees less isn't really noticeable. Also, by not pointing down 90 degrees, I'm not limited to the 8 kph or so maximum speed that happens when pointing straight down.
Would you say it is a software bug...I am relieved then

Would you say it is a software bug...I am relieved then
I'm not sure. There are a few Youtube videos that mention the same thing was happening in Sport mode but a firmware update fixed it.

But then I've read a few posts on here which suggest that it happens because the gimbal has reached its maximum downward movement and then when the drone is braking the gimbal tries to compensate by moving past its maximum position and a failsafe kicks in which raises the gimbal slightly to avoid damage.

Have a look at these posts.
Mini 2 Tilting: firmware problem?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851