DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 2 failed to rotate

samtex

Reactions
Mini 2 failed to respond to left control stick for rotating left or r ight. It responded to vertical movement but faired to rotate and when pressing left control stick to the right it descended? I am in process of replacing props, but see no physical damage to any props.

Have a look in the fly app "control' menu for "Stick Mode" the default mode is 2, I suspect yours has been changed somehow. And as to why there should be two?descent producing positions is curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
The right stick responds properly. Props are clean and cannot identify and damages. So I decided to hold off before changing the props and do another test. Calibration was suggested by dji tech support, but I did that in the field. I am going out for a test this afternoon as all motors/propellers are fully operational So I will be testing the settings as suggested, examining the stick mode which may have been an unintentional change.
Thanks for your responses.

My response to DJI Support (that had not mentioned advanced gimbal settings)
Resolved problem through Advanced Gimbal Settings for Yaw failure in cine mode. I was oblivious to that setting which includes two settings for the drone itself in all three modes.. I previously thought that menu option only covered the gimbal movement I learned the difference in watching Youtube videos.
Thanks.

Always pays to read the manual AND watch tutorials. I also recently learned all the Advanced Gimbal Settings" in all three flying modes. Made a huge difference to the drones behaviour!

Be careful and take a note of stock settings, there is a glitch on the DJI Fly app. When you press reset, not all values come back to stock settings.

• Wow
Reactions: projectarjun
Which "reset" are you talking about, there are several in the App and what "Stock Settings" are you talking about?
Has this caused you a problem that we should be aware of?
Not enough information for anybody to take action!

Which "reset" are you talking about, there are several in the App and what "Stock Settings" are you talking about?
Has this caused you a problem that we should be aware of?
Not enough information for anybody to take action!
Sorry for not being more specific. I was talking about the Advance Gimbal Settings in response to @samtex post. I opened a thread about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242