DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Gimbal drift and stuttering

Fkgamingfx

Reactions
Hello there, today i accidentally dropped my Drone backpack and the drone fell out (about 30cm) every safety part was attached, the black gimbal safety "glass" and other things.
Then i went out flying noticing when i go hard left/right the gimbal starts panning into one direction, when i stop flying the direction the gimbal starts glitching and then slowly comes back into stable after a few seconds. Here also a video of it

Your video looks like you are flying FPV... Check you settings.

Maybe a gimbal calibration is in order if you haven't done that already.

You may also want to calibrate the IMU, just to be safer. Thanks for the post. I just got a Mini 2 and it is good to know how sensitive the gimbal is. I already had a clue, because when I put a Freewell polarizer on it, it would not pass the startup and the camera just hangs down like a head in shame.

Maybe a gimbal calibration is in order if you haven't done that already.

As MavicAir2Marc says...

Have you performed a Gimbal calibration? Even if you have, I would re-calibrate everything, Compass, IMU and the Gimbal.

Gimbal.png

Next, I would really, really examine the Gimbal (bright light and even a magnifying glass) and how it mounted, you want to make sure it has not slipped out of one of its mounts, the mounts look like rectangular rubber donuts that the gimbal struts slip into to minimize vibrations and shock.

Not only are you looking to see that the mounts are all secure, you are also looking for a broken support, to keep the weight low, some of these structural members are small not all they could be. But it's a compromise, weight verses strength…

Then, assuming you see nothing wrong, start perusing the YouTube Videos that might cover some other aspect that I have not covered. I'm no expert, I'm just someone hoping to prevent you from having one of those "smack in the forehead moments" when you say, "I should have thought of that…"

Reactions: zonurben
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143