DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 in Brazil (<250 grams rules)

kendallwb1

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Hi there, I'm planning on taking my Mini 2 with me to Brazil. In my country, Canada, if you fly a drone that weighs less than 250 grams you do not have to follow the rules of the heavier drones (ex. Visual line of sight, flying 30 m away from people) so I was wondering if this is the same in Brazil? I've looked into the regulations but there aren't specific rules for under 250 grams it seems.

Reactions: Thomas B
Basically that article says nothing specific about <250 g drones. As far as from other websites that I translated from Portuguese into English, it seems there are no rules applied to them as they are seen as toys. I guess I will operate them out of the way of aircraft and crowds because of my own limits and for safety but otherwise it seems anything is free game.

Even thou the Mini weights less than 250g, brazilian laws considers the lifiting weight capacity of the drone, so on the case of the mini 1, they include the propellers cage (since It is included), and that makes the mini more than 250 grams.

So the mini 2 does not include propeller cages with it so I don't think these rules would apply because it weighs less than 250 grams. I really don't want any trouble when I'm flying there but I also want to make sure that I am flying legally when I'm there. Anybody from Brazil who can help me? Or people who have flown in Brazil?

Hi there, I'm planning on taking my Mini 2 with me to Brazil. In my country, Canada, if you fly a drone that weighs less than 250 grams you do not have to follow the rules of the heavier drones (ex. Visual line of sight, flying 30 m away from people) so I was wondering if this is the same in Brazil? I've looked into the regulations but there aren't specific rules for under 250 grams it seems.
Hello,
Not sure where you are going but in the region where I am (RN) they don’t really know about the regulations of drones. There is no real control and they could tell you to stop however they will not fine you.

Reactions: kendallwb1
Hello,
Not sure where you are going but in the region where I am (RN) they don’t really know about the regulations of drones. There is no real control and they could tell you to stop however they will not fine you.
Thanks so much for this reply. I flew my mini 2 in Joao Pessoa with no problem at all. I also flew it in Pipa with no problem either. Thanks again. My video is up too if you want to take a look :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada