DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 is a tough drone

macoman

Reactions
I crashed it twice, once in grass and the other on cement and this drone still working without issue. It as a crack little hole on front and scratches on the back but camera still working good. Don’t judge a book by his cover 😆

Reactions: careless
Just to be on the safe side post a photo of this "little hole" in the front.

you are probably not going to like this but the damage to the front is awfully close to, if not actually encompassing, internal webbing that provides the mount for the front left leg of the gimbal. I will try to post a photo tomorrow that shows this.

you are probably not going to like this but the damage to the front is awfully close, if not actually encompassing internal webbing that provides the mount for the front left leg of the gimbal. I will try to post a photo tomorrow that shows this.
I tested the drone many times after the crashes and works very well. No issues on anything.

I tested the drone many times after the crashes and works very well. No issues on anything.
Oh well I will leave it at that then but you have been warned of the possible damage. Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini 2 is one tough SOB... but unfortunately it won't survive waterboarding.. or a dip in the pool. 😥
Which is what happened to mine.

Got a replacement from DJI and yes it's still a tough SOB. 2 minor crash and counting.

Reactions: macoman
Mini 2 is one tough SOB... but unfortunately it won't survive waterboarding.. or a dip in the pool. 😥
Which is what happened to mine.

Got a replacement from DJI and yes it's still a tough SOB. 2 minor crash and counting.
The mini 2 when it hit the cement head on, I thought in that time before picking it up that it was done. But this drone amazing me and still kicking and flying fine. Camera working good as well. I believe it’s the lightweight of the drone and guessing the plastic material that make it a little tough to break.

Reactions: jeremytoh

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair