DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 - mini travelling box (fits in a small lunch box!)

Ian UK

Reactions
I wanted to make my Mini2, remote controller and spare batteries as portable as possible so I can drop into my rucksack when I go out.
So I wanted a storage box as small as possible which holds the bare essentials safe, and takes up the least space in my back pack.
I found a nice rigid 2.4 litre re-sealable lunch box in the cupboard at home. I cut up some foam to keep the bits secure.
I still need some way to stop the drone moving around - I am still working on that bit!
The box is 21x15x10cm - a lot smaller than the fly-more case, and smaller than anything I found on the internet.
I don't think this is the most compact way to store these essential bits of kit, because there is a a lot of wasted space inside.
I am sure there is smaller box they will fit into. But for now, I think this is pretty good.
I wondered if anybody else has tried to store their drone in a small box to make it more portable.
Some photos below - starting with the essential kit.

Drone kit 1(1600x1200).jpg
Drone kit 2(1600x1200).jpg

Drone kit 3(1600x1200).jpg
Drone kit 4(1600x1200).jpg

Drone kit 5(1600x1200).jpg

Drone kit 6(1600x1200).jpg

Reactions: Sjassie
You can use mycasebuilder.net to make a custom foam insert for any case or container. They also have custom templates for many of the popular cases...

Reactions: Uncle Pete
Thanks. Nice idea. But they are very expensive! Nearly 100 euros!
But i guess if i got that place to cut the foam only it would be a lot less without the exotic box.
I think ill stick with a lunch box and some foam I cut myself, all for about a fiver

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys