DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Newb from Southern CA

toadmeister2k

Reactions
Hello all! I'm a proud owner of a Mavic Mini 2 with the bundle. Getting down the basic maneuvers and already bought a firehouse and a lumecube strobe for twilight flights. Unsure which one to keep.

I fly RC so it can be a love/hate relationship. Love how quads just freeze in place with hands-off the sticks. Not so much love re-learning that to climb you push forward left-stick, which is usually elevator down. In aircraft you pull back to pitch up. I saw you can change the flight control mappings with several different configs. Anyone else here fly fixed or rotary-wing R/C and how did to set your Mavic up so you don't have to "re-learn" to fly?

Great forum and thanks for approving my invite! -Todd

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

welcome to the forum
unfortunately because a drone fly,s differently to a fixed wing aircraft the left stick is actually the throttle to climb it relies on the speed of the propellers to provide the necessary lift ,not forwards motion as happens when air is passed over a wing

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Hello all! I'm a proud owner of a Mavic Mini 2 with the bundle. Getting down the basic maneuvers and already bought a firehouse and a lumecube strobe for twilight flights. Unsure which one to keep.

I fly RC so it can be a love/hate relationship. Love how quads just freeze in place with hands-off the sticks. Not so much love re-learning that to climb you push forward left-stick, which is usually elevator down. In aircraft you pull back to pitch up. I saw you can change the flight control mappings with several different configs. Anyone else here fly fixed or rotary-wing R/C and how did to set your Mavic up so you don't have to "re-learn" to fly?

Great forum and thanks for approving my invite! -Todd
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka