DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Replacement Screws

dart106

Premium Pilot
Reactions
After stripping a body shell screw, looked for replacements and found this on Amazon. So, yesterday, ordered them with about a two week delivery window. This morning and email from the manufacturer stated that the order was cancelled due to a “technical issue”.

Does anyone have another source for these tiny screws, preferably not from China? Thanks!

C6A1F625-45A2-40EB-BF96-4E2A045AB20C.jpeg

Just buy a couple of new sets of propellers, they come with the screws. Each pair of propellers have 3 screws (one extra)

Wow, the big deal should be knowing the screw "specs", after having specs finding them won't be so difficult. For sure those screws are not unique to DJI, they should come in many other tools.

Wow, the big deal should be knowing the screw "specs", after having specs finding them won't be so difficult. For sure those screws are not unique to DJI, they should come in many other tools.
Yes, knowing the specs would be very helpful and open other potential sources other than china.

Did you strip the thread or the head of the screw?
If the thread, how did you strip it? Normally they would pull the plastic female thread out of the hole rather than strip the male thread on the screw.
If you stripped the head you might have the wrong sized screwdriver, their sizes can be a pain.

Did you strip the thread or the head of the screw?
If the thread, how did you strip it? Normally they would pull the plastic female thread out of the hole rather than strip the male thread on the screw.
If you stripped the head you might have the wrong sized screwdriver, their sizes can be a pain.
Three of the four screws came out with a proper size screwdriver. The fourth was very tight and the head stripped when additional pressure was applied, hence the need for a reliable source of a new screw (plus spares). Not anywhere that doesn’t show “On Backorder” or a delivery date two plus weeks out (most likely coming from China, or not)?

Last edited:
Ah I've had the head go on a screw in the Mavic 2, it turned a simple job into a nightmare.
I was fortunate in that the person I ebayed the part I wanted to get to 'threw' a spare screw in. Do you have a knackered drone lying around that you can perhaps cannabalise?
Or could you cut a slot in the head with a junior hacksaw or dremel disc?

Ah I've had the head go on a screw in the Mavic 2, it turned a simple job into a nightmare.
I was fortunate in that the person I ebayed the part I wanted to get to 'threw' a spare screw in. Do you have a knackered drone lying around that you can perhaps cannabalise?
Or could you cut a slot in the head with a junior hacksaw or dremel disc?
The screw is in a recessed hole about a quarter inch deep. The only thing going in there is a screwdriver. No dremeling possible. This is my first drone.

I feel your pain. This is definitely turning into a nightmare, that should be a relatively easy fix.

Sorry, is the screw still stuck in the hole?
I had assumed you had got it out and could doctor the head. If it is out a slot cut in the head would allow you to use an old style flat bladed screwdriver to 'drive' it.

Sorry, is the screw still stuck in the hole?
I had assumed you had got it out and could doctor the head. If it is out a slot cut in the head would allow you to use an old style flat bladed screwdriver to 'drive' it.
Yes, it’s stuck in the hole. I’ve googled a lot of “how to remove small stripped screws” videos, and am down to super gluing the driver to the screw. Depending on that working or replacing the front end gimbal dampers is going to be a challenge.

Ahh that would be ...........annoying.
it will be interesting to see if your glue approach works.
I got my rounded out cross-head out by either pressing a flat bladed screw driver into what cross-head marks were left and or gripping the edge of the head with a pair of surface cutting electronics wire cutters (not a good use of them but......) but the latter is not something you could do.
If the screw head is soft enough to round out and the glue idea doesn't work I'd try drilling the head off with a brand new I.e. sharp, 2.0mm or 2.5mm drill bit in a hand cranked drill.
A powered drill would likely turn so fast that the heat generated would melt the underlying plastic but I suppose you could manually twist a 'powered' drill's chuck.

Ahh that would be ...........annoying.
it will be interesting to see if your glue approach works.
I got my rounded out cross-head out by either pressing a flat bladed screw driver into what cross-head marks were left and or gripping the edge of the head with a pair of surface cutting electronics wire cutters (not a good use of them but......) but the latter is not something you could do.
If the screw head is soft enough to round out and the glue idea doesn't work I'd try drilling the head off with a brand new I.e. sharp, 2.0mm or 2.5mm drill bit in a hand cranked drill.
A powered drill would likely turn so fast that the heat generated would melt the underlying plastic but I suppose you could manually twist a 'powered' drill's chuck.
Some good ideas. I thought of trying to grip the screw head with something but, there just isn’t much room for anything but a driver. This is definitely a test of patience.8CD789B0-B546-479D-AE34-30ECE1F8AF6E.jpeg

You may have to drill the head off then you can remove the remainder after disassembly. If it’s so tight that it stripped, can’t see another way. Glue won’t help. I’ve replaced screws with similar from hardware store, it works.
SS screws are very hard so a titanium or cobalt drill bit needed.

After stripping a body shell screw, looked for replacements and found this on Amazon. So, yesterday, ordered them with about a two week delivery window. This morning and email from the manufacturer stated that the order was cancelled due to a “technical issue”.

Does anyone have another source for these tiny screws, preferably not from China? Thanks!

View attachment 145350
AAA metric supply has all things
Metric that's where I get motorcycle screws and bolts
You can try them. (303) 892-9000
They are located in Denver colo.
Very fair prices . Model train might have sizes also.

Store near me American bolt and screw has everything if I get desperate. Otherwise hardware store. Check the “Yellow Pages” LOL.

AAA metric supply has all things
Metric that's where I get motorcycle screws and bolts
You can try them. (303) 892-9000
They are located in Denver colo.
Very fair prices . Model train might have sizes also.
Would be helpful to have the screw descriptor when making calls. Anyone have that?

They screw diameter is 1.6mm, the thread length is about 4.8mm. I do not know if the thread pitch is a standard one since the screw is a self tapper but it is about 0.6mm.
It may be a DJI specified pitch.The head diameter is about 2.8mm.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser