DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 screen stuck on photo during photo shots

AusTrekie

Reactions
During photo shots today from my Mini 2 Drone and after installing latest DJI fly app for iOS, after taking several shots, the last shot (photo)remained on the screen of my iphone, could not remove during flight, could not take any further photos or videos, returned drone home, closed app and restarted app now appears ok, but not flown again at this stage. Never had this issue previously, is this an update issue ? Or possibly SD card issue, which has plenty of space on it. Anyone else had this issue ?

is this an update issue ?
I also fly a Mini 2 and whenever something weird happens, I always snap a screenshot to look at and examine it later when I'm not worried about my drone deciding to take a little side trip… I might then see something that I missed while I'm frantically trying to re-establish connectivity.

I received a Firmware update yesterday (19 June 2022) for version 1.6.6, and I'm using two different Android tablets, the S2 and the A8 and my Mini 2 flew without issue. The GPS came up quickly and everything seemed to work as expected....

I do not believe it is a MicroSD issue, perhaps just not a happy update with your phone…

Since the issue seems to be with the App, and you did not lose control of the Drone as the Controller still allowed to control the Drone and return it Home. I would suggest you take your drone out a short distance (well within visual line of sight) and try to repeat the problem. If it does repeat, take a screen shot and restart the App, you will still have complete control with the controller. I've tested this and published several topics on RTH with the controller, the app, and all turned off…

Good luck and keep watching these topics to see if other also experience the same problems with IOS…

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54