DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 skyreat ND keep falling off??

EricMeyer

Reactions
I am 0 for 2 in using these filters. New Mini 2 (Nov 2020) new skyreat 6 pack ND (Nov 2020). Note: I'm a commercial photographer and own over a grand of filters and these things do not stay on. I'm either doing something incredibly wrong or there is a new production lot that FALLS OFF during flight? Again, not my first rodeo. I can't get any of the 6 to adhere firmly to the lens. Please advise.

I am 0 for 2 in using these filters. New Mini 2 (Nov 2020) new skyreat 6 pack ND (Nov 2020). Note: I'm a commercial photographer and own over a grand of filters and these things do not stay on. I'm either doing something incredibly wrong or there is a new production lot that FALLS OFF during flight? Again, not my first rodeo. I can't get any of the 6 to adhere firmly to the lens. Please advise.
That would be something to take up with them I would surmise ? [email protected] looks to be a straight forward clip on? Did you get from Amazon..send them suckers back and wait for a reputable company to adjust from Mini 1 to Mini 2 if such adjustment needs to be done?

Is this the setup that is coming off ?

Phatomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.

Screenshot 11-22-2020 15.33.06.jpg

Yes expect naturally the two prongs slide down the parallel vents until the filteres sit squarely over the lens. They just don't snap or feel firmly affixed. One light touch of the finger will dislodge them and moving the gimbal will shake them loose. Welcome your suggestions. I thought about bending the tabs in hopes they will affix better. It appears the actual glass filter interface area over the lens is the part that is just barrrrreely hanging on. TY.

Yes expect naturally the two prongs slide down the parallel vents until the filteres sit squarely over the lens. They just don't snap or feel firmly affixed. One light touch of the finger will dislodge them and moving the gimbal will shake them loose. Welcome your suggestions. I thought about bending the tabs in hopes they will affix better. It appears the actual glass filter interface area over the lens is the part that is just barrrrreely hanging on. TY.
What is the Twist for they show ?

Screenshot 11-22-2020 15.51.09.jpg

this is absolutely the case
All I can find is your brand and freewell both claim they are the same. Major players aren't at present marketing them that way. I would wait till someone like Polar Pro lists a set and see if they say the same.

What is the Twist for they show ?

View attachment 117677
Means the bottom of the ND filter is supposed to latch onto the bottom edge of the lens. The ND filters are held on by the prongs in the vents, and by friction against the bottom lip of the lens. So basically you can either prong it and then push down on the ND filter til it snaps to the face of the lens, or I prefer to anchor them to the bottom of the lens, and then snap the prongs in face (less risk of scratching across the optics).

I'm using some SunnyLife brand ones that work well for both my Mini and Mini 2.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Means the bottom of the ND filter is supposed to latch onto the bottom edge of the lens. The ND filters are held on by the prongs in the vents, and by friction against the bottom lip of the lens. So basically you can either prong it and then push down on the ND filter til it snaps to the face of the lens, or I prefer to anchor them to the bottom of the lens, and then snap the prongs in face (less risk of scratching across the optics).

I'm using some SunnyLife brand ones that work well for both my Mini and Mini 2.
Can you post a picture of the Mini 2 with that setup ?

Decent response. At least they’re willing to replace the lost filters. Hope you get it figured out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S