DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Slow Download

w00dy67

Reactions
Hi All, new mini 2 owner here. I’ve done a couple of ‘test’ flights (not gone far) and want to download the drone files to my phone using the ‘Wi-fi’ facility on the mini 2. However, I keep getting ‘interference’ messages and the download speed is about 200kbps at best. I know this may be due to my house Wi-fi but how can I get around this, short of going up the top of the garden? I want to edit in the fly app not upload to a pc at this point. Any advice appreciated ??

Hi All, new mini 2 owner here. I’ve done a couple of ‘test’ flights (not gone far) and want to download the drone files to my phone using the ‘Wi-fi’ facility on the mini 2. However, I keep getting ‘interference’ messages and the download speed is about 200kbps at best. I know this may be due to my house Wi-fi but how can I get around this, short of going up the top of the garden? I want to edit in the fly app not upload to a pc at this point. Any advice appreciated ??
I connect from phone(iPhone 11 Pro, not sure it makes a difference) straight to drone and try out them beside each other on my desk. Sometimes I get a warning about interference but it usually disappears quickly again.

Would it be worth disabling your home WiFi for a fe minutes and trying? You’d be able to eliminate that then.

I don’t want to have to get my laptop out to transfer the files, from the SD card or the drone. I want to be able to edit them on my phone in the DJI Fly app, which means downloading them from the mini 2 using the Wi-fi connection on it, as far as I know. I can try disabling the home Wi-fi but the wife might kick off ??

then youre stuck with a crappy download over wifi for hi quality images ... I thought you could edit the cached images and once finished editing and saved it would then just download the hd bits for your project?

then youre stuck with a crappy download over wifi for hi quality images ... I thought you could edit the cached images and once finished editing and saved it would then just download the hd bits for your project?
Cache does not contain high def images or video... those are just a preview.

Cache does not contain high def images or video... those are just a preview.
Yes but I thought you could,use them to use the app to make the video ... or change the settings on the app to bring down full quality video etc as you fly ..

Yes but I thought you could,use them to use the app to make the video ... or change the settings on the app to bring down full quality video etc as you fly ..
Think you can... I don’t. Burning battery power and getting breaks in video if connection is weak.
I change SD cards every time I change batteries.

I don’t want to have to get my laptop out to transfer the files, from the SD card or the drone. I want to be able to edit them on my phone in the DJI Fly app, which means downloading them from the mini 2 using the Wi-fi connection on it, as far as I know. I can try disabling the home Wi-fi but the wife might kick off ??
Yeah that's what I meant. It's just to eliminate the home wifi as the problem. I use t beside my wifi router as it's under my desk and I usually do not have that problem

Yeah that's what I meant. It's just to eliminate the home wifi as the problem. I use t beside my wifi router as it's under my desk and I usually do not have that problem
The phone signal is generally poor around here and I live in city so it may well be ‘interference’. I’ll try turning off the Wi-fi, or at least getting out of range, and see how it is.

Did you get anywhere on this issue?
Hi, yes it must have been interference from my Wi-fi that was causing the issue. I was getting 1-2mbps at best in the house, usually far less. Went up the garden and got 20mbps+. Not an ideal ‘fix’ but at least I have a workaround if needed. Switching off the house Wi-fi isn’t an option as the house alarm, etc are built in to it and while they all have failsafes I’d rather not keep tripping them. There was only about 8gb of data to copy over so it didn’t take to long. Haven’t been able to fly since due to crappy weather.

Ah very good, at least you have a way of transferring at a decent speed now.

Sorry I can’t help with the weather but good you got sorted. It’s a good feature but the thing that annoys me is that it transfers both the standard photo and the enhanced photo that doesn’t contain any exif data, and we don’t seem to have a way of turning this option off.

Ah very good, at least you have a way of transferring at a decent speed now.

Sorry I can’t help with the weather but good you got sorted. It’s a good feature but the thing that annoys me is that it transfers both the standard photo and the enhanced photo that doesn’t contain any exif data, and we don’t seem to have a way of turning this option off.
At least it gives me the option to do some basic editing in the fly app. Once I can get out and get some decent footage I’ll look for a better solution. I’ve since uploaded the flight logs to Airdata as well which is pretty good. Still having issues if I auto-sync flights though as it’s not recording everything in the stats.

At least it gives me the option to do some basic editing in the fly app. Once I can get out and get some decent footage I’ll look for a better solution. I’ve since uploaded the flight logs to Airdata as well which is pretty good. Still having issues if I auto-sync flights though as it’s not recording everything in the stats.
What is it not recording? And where?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest