DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 used to smuggle drugs into jail

Nobody said they were smart. ?
According to his birth certificate he is. ? And, 'Drug-laden'! Makes it sound as if it was carrying several kilos of heroin instead of a few grams of powder and a handful of pills. Not like the press to over-exaggerate or anything, especially when it comes to drones.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Capt KO and Gagey52
Gotta admit, that was creative. I have to wonder how the pilot got identified? I'll bet it had to do with flight logs and tracking. The drone crashed and was found and then the perps were caught. The good news is that a seriously bad guy is now off the street. I'll bet there are a bunch more charges than just smuggling.

I agree, they must of used DJI log files to identify the flyer since they had the S/N of the AC, but how did they identify the prisoner in jail. Did he snitch on her :oops:?

I guess next time he'll use a u-build AC

I need drugs. I'll call "Aerial DrugHub Delivery" - They'll fly it right in.

• Haha
Reactions: Stuguitar
Gotta admit, that was creative. I have to wonder how the pilot got identified? I'll bet it had to do with flight logs and tracking. The drone crashed and was found and then the perps were caught. The good news is that a seriously bad guy is now off the street. I'll bet there are a bunch more charges than just smuggling.
They identified him by listening to jail calls. When they heard them talking about a drone, they knew who the pilot was going to be.

Reactions: Stuguitar
How dumb do you have to be to get caught. They were able to track the owner of the drone? The owner had to have bought, paid or registered it in their true name. What an idiot. I certainly wouldn't use a DJI drone to perform such an illegal act. I would have got a cheap 100-200 dollar drone, paid in cash, and used a payload dropper. I certainly would have gotten rid of the controller if I crashed it inside the prison grounds. Why hold onto the controller? Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong in this endeavor.

Stinking drugs why do you think the people are in there anyway I used to be but God to turn that around in life is so much better just being yourself there will always be a bonehead in the world the person probably bought the drone just for that intention now they get to join them lol

Reactions: Gagey52
thanks for sharing!

Is there any video of this? Because I don't see it here? And from reading responses it looks like there was video at some time?

I have a feeling those are fake news to make MM2 look bad and case action on FFA side. How she can land the drone in NFZ? Story makes no sense, proboly proof of concept and landing was done by guards, all staged to look serious.
It's very possible. You never know what is truth or lies in media today. Things that may have occurred, have additional fake "facts" or may have occurred but are over exaggerated or some other kind of spin put on them. Even when things don't happen, they make it sound like it did. It's like the people that run the news, run the policies of the country.

This drone story , is either a story about some of the dumbest criminals in the world and it actually happened, or it could have happened with the aid of some who have an interest or desire to get increased funding for prisons, to create prevention programs, and to increase the corporate prison's bottom line. We'll never know.

What is strange is , how many stories there are of these events. There are actually more than I would expect. And the perpetrators are always getting caught and the drones always seem to crash. Who registers a mini? And, or , who would use their own personal info and credit card to buy one, knowing they are going to commit a crime with it? DJI drones are the top of line. What are these perpetrators doing? Flying the drone into a prison without even practicing first?. They certainly don't know anything about payload dropping systems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair