DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 2 video feed distorted

reaperman

Reactions
This morning I did a quick fly around a small nearby town. Everything went well until I turned around and headed back to the home point. About 1200' from the home point the video feed went to jello, the video on the sd card is fine. This is the first time this has ever happened since owning the drone since January. With a clear line of sight and no obstructions whatsoever, I'm a bit stumped as to why the feed went poor. Instead of uploading the screen recording, I pulled a frame from the video to show what was happening. Look at the bottom left to see the most distortion. IMG_3789 2.jpg

I see that on my Mini-2 sometimes.

I remember reading that not all SD cards are created equal, and that you need to use one that has a fast "write" speed, because of the high data rate required to record 4K video.

It's not at all clear that that's what's happening here, but it might be something to check.

Thx,

TCS

Keep in mind, the video on the sd card isn’t distorted, only the video feed to the iphone is. The drone seems to record 4 minutes of 4K video then begins another 4 minute segment. It all started after the 2nd, 4 minute segment ended, and the 3rd one began. Also about the time I turned the drone towards the sun and back to the home point. I don’t think the sun would’ve played a issue.

Keep in mind, the video on the sd card isn’t distorted, only the video feed to the iphone is. The drone seems to record 4 minutes of 4K video then begins another 4 minute segment. It all started after the 2nd, 4 minute segment ended, and the 3rd one began. Also about the time I turned the drone towards the sun and back to the home point. I don’t think the sun would’ve played a issue.
My previous drone (RIP) was a Snaptain S5C. It did that too, about 4 minutes.

The little Mini-2 chugs along all the way to 15 minutes, and then starts a new clip.

I do sometimes get a smear effect when watching the videos on the phone after the flight (low res). I haven't yet done a cross check to see if the file on the SD shows that or not.

But I will now!

Thx,

TCS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie