DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 vs Air 1

Mini 2 will switch between CE and FCC modes depending on loaction… the range on the Mini 2 will be far superior to the Air 1, what other aspects are you interested in?

Go with the Mini 2, it’s better in almost every single way. With regards to CE vs FCC, all models are identical from the hardware point of view, it is all controlled from software depending on where you’re flying. You can use the FCC modded app to force it to always remain in FCC mode.

Reactions: eligri
Regarding the Modified FCC app, we have everything you need to get you going right here, a thread on this forum full of people happy to vouch for me:

One thing to be very cautious of is anyone providing the app 'signed'.
This is against Apples Ts and Cs, so while it might be simpler in the short term, it could well bite you later on.
Apple have, and will, terminate the developer accounts of anyone found to be doing this.

My solution is to arrange app signing yourself, it's really very simple, and much safer in the long term.

Fell free to drop me a PM if you have any question.

Regarding the Modified FCC app, we have everything you need to get you going right here, a thread on this forum full of people happy to vouch for me:

One thing to be very cautious of is anyone providing the app 'signed'.
This is against Apples Ts and Cs, so while it might be simpler in the short term, it could well bite you later on.
Apple have, and will, terminate the developer accounts of anyone found to be doing this.

My solution is to arrange app signing yourself, it's really very simple, and much safer in the long term.

Fell free to drop me a PM if you have any question.
I run Android :)
I'm sure I can figure it out if need be ^^

Anybody here familiar with EU law on drone regulations?
90% of the time I fly in the middle of nowhere, and as such can mostly ignore regulations. However it would be nice to fly on vacation, in which case I'd like to be a law-abiding citizen (tourist).
I've heard mixed reports on the Mini 2 vs other drones. While sub-250g usually implies less regulations, it seems like it doesn't apply due to it having a camera?
As for the US, I have previously registered drones. This is no big deal, and I honestly have no idea why this is even a selling point. Takes 2 minutes and costs like 5 bucks.

Reactions: gb160
I run Android :)
I'm sure I can figure it out if need be ^^

Anybody here familiar with EU law on drone regulations?
90% of the time I fly in the middle of nowhere, and as such can mostly ignore regulations. However it would be nice to fly on vacation, in which case I'd like to be a law-abiding citizen (tourist).
I've heard mixed reports on the Mini 2 vs other drones. While sub-250g usually implies less regulations, it seems like it doesn't apply due to it having a camera?
As for the US, I have previously registered drones. This is no big deal, and I honestly have no idea why this is even a selling point. Takes 2 minutes and costs like 5 bucks.
Eligri...enjoy..... Best from Sweden.... Civil drones (Unmanned aircraft) | EASA

Have both Air 1 and Mini 2. Mini 2 wins handsdown. It became my go to drone. The battery lift and the signal is so much better than the Air 1. And i find the picture quality is better as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: eligri
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus