DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 vs Air 2s is it worth the Upgrade ?

cmj0929

Reactions
Good Morning good people,

I have a media business, currently have a mini 2 that has served my purposes well and I'm thinking about buying an Air 2s since im beginning to do larger more complex projects but i'm wondering if it's really worth the upgrade ? I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who might have both or may have the Air 2s already

I did a lot of comparisons between the two before I settled on my Air 2S. Admittedly i'm brand new to the drone world so hopefully others with more experience can weigh in with their thoughts.

As a keen photographer and videographer that is starting to use drones in my own work, for what I need it for, I consider the quality of the Air 2S to be better than the Mini 2, for honestly not a huge jump up in price.

Last edited:
Yes. Given your use, you really should be using a drone with a better camera sensor, and shooting all raw video in 5.4k, except when a function doesn't support 5.4k (Active Track).

Also, since the scope of projects is expanding, Obstacle Avoidance can be really helpful allowing you to focus more on the capture, worry less about crashing.

I have a media business, currently have a mini 2 that has served my purposes well and I'm thinking about buying an Air 2s since im beginning to do larger more complex projects but i'm wondering if it's really worth the upgrade ? I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who might have both or may have the Air 2s already
Yes, the upgrade is worth it. DONT get rid of your MINI 2…keep it like many other DJI owners. You will now have what I feel are the best pair of DJI drones out there. Portability and a greater spectrum of video / photo quality…NOT to mention their great resistance and stability. You will know which one to pull out of the bag in the moment. As a business, you can write it off as an expense.

Happy with two in 🇨🇦

Reactions: NG Wildman
Image quality/performance wise that 1" 20MP sensor is huge improvement over that old 12MP 1/2.3".

Also in wind tolerance Air 2S crushes Mini 2:
Especially in work use that can help lot, because obviously it's bad for business if you need to ground drone at lower wind.

1. Mini 3 is coming

2. For large projects, Mavic 3 is the one you should first consider. I have A2S and M3 and A2S's performance is superb and I am very happy with it. But, for big projects, M3 is definitely the ultimate one to serve.

I’m new to Quadcopter drones, but not to RC Helicopters and planes. Been flying them for 40 years. Needless to say I’m obsessed with these high tech drones and their electronic wizardry. I too am considering an upgrade to Air 2S, but concerned how the new RID regulations will effect our existing equipment and how difficult it will be to comply.

Yes, the Air 2S is a big step up from the Mini 2 is video quality and ability to fly in windy conditions. The Mavic 3 is only a minor step up in video quality over the Air 2s and unless you need the 7x tele lens, or plan on filming in dark conditions, the Air 2s is the one to get

Reactions: Dronami
But after all, is it possible to have a Mavic AIR 2 or 2S retrofit in A1C1 Class or not?
While necessary hardware to meet requirements is likely there, DJI hasn't said if they're going to look into retroactive CE class certifying of them.
Unlike for Mavic 3.
DJI 'working on assuring compliance' for Mavic 3 in Europe

Propably lot depends on what kind change/update to drones would be needed.
If it's possible through firmware update done by user, then can see DJI doing it also for other currently sold drones.

Reactions: patrizioitalian
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000