DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 w/Firehouse Arc XL

ScheisseKopf

Reactions
I know adding a 8g strobe (Firehouse Arc XL) to the Mini 2 will increase the total weight to over 250g.
Will I have to register it and will it then be subject to the new future remote id that will take place in 30 months?

I know adding a 8g strobe (Firehouse Arc XL) to the Mini 2 will increase the total weight to over 250g.
Will I have to register it and will it then be subject to the new future remote id that will take place in 30 months?
Double-check the weight. DJI claims "under 250g". But it's been widely reported here to be more like 238g, which would allow an 8g strobe to be added while still staying below the 250g limit. Check your own drone -- production differences may have slightly changed the weight of different examples of the mm2. A few grams of velcro used to attach the strobe might push you over the limit.

If the weight at takeoff is above the limit, the drone needs to be registered.

If you are over 250g, yes. That will fall under the registration rules and/or RID.

This one claims to be 0.014 lbs (6.35g)

Drone Strobe Lights, Anti-Collision Lighting, 0.014 lbs Super Lightweight Drone LED Lights with 3 Colors for Any Drone | DJI Mini, Mavic Mini, Phantom, Inspire, Matrice
by JUSMO Direct

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143