DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 warranty

Drone on...

Reactions
Hi

I have ordered a DJI Mini 2 from Costco Canada (www.costco.ca) because it was the best price I could find. It should arrive in about 2 weeks. When I was on the DJI official site (Canada), I read that you have to purchase your drone from an "authorised dealer" or the drone will not be covered by DJI manufacture's standard warranty. It lists all the Authorised dealers for Canada, and Costco is not listed. I find it hard to believe that anything purchased for a huge retailer such as this is not covered by the product's standard warranty.

Has anyone purchased a DJI drone from Costco Canada and had issues with using the warranty, or used the warranty service with no issues?

Thanks,
Norm

Hi

I have ordered a DJI Mini 2 from Costco Canada (www.costco.ca) because it was the best price I could find. It should arrive in about 2 weeks. When I was on the DJI official site (Canada), I read that you have to purchase your drone from an "authorised dealer" or the drone will not be covered by DJI manufacture's standard warranty. It lists all the Authorised dealers for Canada, and Costco is not listed. I find it hard to believe that anything purchased for a huge retailer such as this is not covered by the product's standard warranty.

Has anyone purchased a DJI drone from Costco Canada and had issues with using the warranty, or used the warranty service with no issues?

Thanks,
Norm
You will be fine, they just dont want you to purchase from ebay an see that the Serial has been issued already . No one has ever posted an issue on this.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water.

I suspect you are right. Just freaked me out a bit that they left Costco off the list.
Tks!!
Even if they weren't "authorized," Costco offers a 90 return on all drones, so if anything happened within that time period, that is your best warranty, and you can get a full refund!

When does DJI start the warranty? From the date of purchase or when the account is set up for that drone. I recently purchased a second MM2 as a backup instead of the MM3. I really like these and they fit my needs perfectly and wanted to keep accessories and batteries the same. I purchased my second MM2 from Costco also and do not plan on using it until my original MM2 can no longer do the job. It remains in its unopened sealed box at this time but will remove the batteries and start using them with my original MM2. I am hoping that DJI will start the warranty when I set up an account for it not from the date of purchase which could be several months before I actually use it.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55