DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 DJI RC Location services

blackomega

Reactions
Had an issue with my mini 3 recently. I know that the DJI RC has built in GPS as i was able to update my home point on the fly in the past.
Noticed after the recent update while trying to update home point to the RC gps an error message popped up saying i had to
enable location services. Can anybody tell me where that setting is?

My Mini 3 almost never came home after I updated the home point. I reset RTH after I moved 100 meters. The drone reset home point to IT'S location, I didn't know that was the default. I was flying in the mountains and was barely able to get mini back before a forced landing. Had 9% battery when it landed. I have now gone out to figure out what to do in this scenario. This was the most stressful time flying I've had in 5 years I've been droning.

My Mini 3 almost never came home after I updated the home point. I reset RTH after I moved 100 meters. The drone reset home point to IT'S location, I didn't know that was the default. I was flying in the mountains and was barely able to get mini back before a forced landing. Had 9% battery when it landed. I have now gone out to figure out what to do in this scenario. This was the most stressful time flying I've had in 5 years I've been droning.
When you set homepoint after moving, open the map and tap the controller icon. This sets HP to the controller location. If you don't do this, it sets to the craft location. You can also set HP to a point on the map.

When you set homepoint after moving, open the map and tap the controller icon. This sets HP to the controller location. If you don't do this, it sets to the craft location. You can also set HP to a point on the map.
That's what I found while testing at home. The only thing it will not allow the controller to be the rth point, I can't get the controller to be recognized. I will keep trying. Thanks.

Make sure your RC ALSO has a good GPS lock. On the attirude indicator, you should have a blue/green dot and the craft icon. The dot is the controller.

Last edited:
Had an issue with my mini 3 recently. I know that the DJI RC has built in GPS as i was able to update my home point on the fly in the past.
Noticed after the recent update while trying to update home point to the RC gps an error message popped up saying i had to
enable location services. Can anybody tell me where that setting is?
Location services are provided and controlled by the operating system, and iOS is different from Android: How to Turn On Location Services on iPhone or Android

Reactions: DoomMeister
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie