DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini-3 Hint?

Chaosrider

Reactions
I just saw this in an email from Amazon:

This is the first time, ever, that I've seen the slightest wavering from the $599.99 price.

So perhaps the Mythical Mini-3 may be oozing closer to being real.

My own personal Mini-3 will remain mythical for quite some time in any case, since I took the FPV plunge.

MMFPV!

Check out Costco. $439.99 for members.
I was referring to the Fly More Combo price. I almost never see Basic Kits for the Mini-2 advertised. I'm not sure that I ever have.

Thx,

TCS

Check out Costco. $439.99 for members.

Question about availability at Costco...

I bought my Mini2 at Costco, last summer. My first drone purchase, I probably would not have been sufficiently motivated to get one if I had not seen it in Costco -- I figured, if it's in Costco, it has gone mainstream, and you can't beat their price/return policy.

So now I see the Mini3 Pro is about to be released (unofficially, but it's definitely soon).

My question: Does anyone know roughly how soon after a release is it likely to become available at Costco?

I assume initially, availability will be constrained, and DJI will try to maximize profits by discouraging sales from discount outlets. But at some point, it will become more widely available, and eventually it'll start showing up in places like Costco. I'm definitely willing to wait a while to get my Mini3 Pro (I'll let early-adopters finish the Beta testing...). But I'd rather not wait a whole year or more. Any speculation out there (based on previous releases) on how long after a new release it typically takes for new DJI products to show up at Costco?

Thanks.

I bought my Mini2 at Costco, last summer. My first drone purchase, I probably would not have been sufficiently motivated to get one if I had not seen it in Costco -- I figured, if it's in Costco, it has gone mainstream, and you can't beat their price/return policy.

So now I see the Mini3 Pro is about to be released (unofficially, but it's definitely soon).

My question: Does anyone know roughly how soon after a release is it likely to become available at Costco?

I assume initially, availability will be constrained, and DJI will try to maximize profits by discouraging sales from discount outlets. But at some point, it will become more widely available, and eventually it'll start showing up in places like Costco. I'm definitely willing to wait a while to get my Mini3 Pro (I'll let early-adopters finish the Beta testing...). But I'd rather not wait a whole year or more. Any speculation out there (based on previous releases) on how long after a new release it typically takes for new DJI products to show up at Costco?

Thanks.
I'd happily be a Mini-3 Beta Tester, but I can't do it on my own nickel anymore, with the FPV financial hit.

Of course, if they just sent me one, I'd be more than happy to test it and/or review it.

:)

TCS

Thanks.

Costco has never been known to offer newly released high demand items on day 1 or even day 100. DJI has to approach them to get it in their store or catalog and I doubt that would happen for months after release especially while firmware updates are in high gear and demand is high.

Let's not forget Walmart! I purchased the two mini 2s that I have from them online just before Christmas 2020, or one month after the mini 2 November release date. One of them kept throwing an IMU error that would not clear, so I returned it in person at one of their stores and ordered another. The gal at the counter didn't even ask for an explanation as to why I was returning the bad one, just put it back in the box and said full refund would take a week or so.

I heard they start taking orders around the 15th with shipping a week later

Reactions: Aerophile

Thanks.
I have been saving my costco reward dollars for the mini 3, super frustrating it's not being sold at costco yet.

I have been saving my costco reward dollars for the mini 3, super frustrating it's not being sold at costco yet.
Well it's just only now showing up on Amazon (USA) for "pre-order", with a "release date" of June 29. I'll keep checking Costco, but given the constrained availability (and the fact that new tech generally takes a while to show up at Costco) I'm not expecting the Mini 3 Pro to be available from Costco until sometime this summer. Maybe once it's "released" elsewhere in the USA, maybe a while later than that. We will need to be patient either way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000