DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Af and MF questions.

123taff

Reactions
OK so I have been "playing" on an off with drones for a number of years and my last one was a Mavic pro, which to be fair I haven't really used it that much, just on odd occasions with the grandsons etc.

I found the biggest issue was the connections with my Iphones and the fact that after about 5 minutes of flight, I could hardly see the screen due to phone dimming so brought the drone down.

I have now had my mini3 pro and RC controller for about 3 weeks and have found it a wonderful improvement on my "hobbyist" participation, and have flown and recorded some good footage several times over that time, In fact I have flown my mini3 more times in two weeks than I did my Mavic Pro in the last year!

I am still learning rapidly about the potential but realistically I am really a complete novice in terms of what some of you guys know.

One issue that I am a little confused over, and I have seen it mentioned several times, is AF versus MF.

For ease of initial operation, I have left the drone on AF and the results are fairly reasonable, however comparing the footage with previous Mavic footage, I think that some areas of the scenes could be improved if a little sharper.

My problem is that I find such issues a little confusing and by the time I have launched the drone, I am so concentrating (at present) on legal considerate flying, that I forget the stages that I am supposed to follow to alter parameters such as AF/MF etc. I think I am correct in thinking that such parameters cannot be set other than when in flight?

So what would be my advantages in switching to M/F and what steps do I have to follow to achieve this?

Reactions: mark.pinskey
This thread should answer your questions:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98