DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Altitude Restriction

ConradM

Reactions
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and hoping someone can help me solve the below issue as DJI customer service keep blaming the government agencies for my issue.

In India all nano dronen users have a maximum altitude limit of 120m. Unfortunately, for me the altitude is grayed out at 25m.

I purchased the drone from Singapore so I'm not sure what's wrong here and how to enable the limit to 120m. I'm attaching a video for your reference.

I've tried using different DJI accounts and reinstalled the Fly app multiple times to no avail.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: GFields
welcome to the forum,when you purchased the drone ,did you activate it in Singapore ,or back home in India, also has the 15m height restriction for drones in India been changed ,

welcome to the forum,when you purchased the drone ,did you activate it in Singapore ,or back home in India, also has the 15m height restriction for drones in India been changed ,
Thanks for your reply.

I turned the drone on in Singapore to ensure it worked, however, I signed in to the DJI account and took the first flight in India.

Based on reviews of Mini 3 pro users in India the altitude is locked at 120m. Based on revised guidelines of the Government of India, the altitude limit for nano category drones was revised to 120m.

Reactions: Torque
which Fly App are you on there, the latest one is 1.8.0 for both android and ios

The restrictions applied by the FLY app vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, e.g. transmission power settings of FCC vs CE, and perhaps the permanent/temporary illumination off all a drones' LED ( EU C1 drone category compliance ).
If the Indian legal system limits the drone's height to 25m then DJI probably write compliance into the drones software/firmware and I doubt there is anything you can do about it unless someone can hack the programming.

The restrictions applied by the FLY app vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, e.g. transmission power settings of FCC vs CE, and perhaps the permanent/temporary illumination off all a drones' LED ( EU C1 drone category compliance ).
If the Indian legal system limits the drone's height to 25m then DJI probably write compliance into the drones software/firmware and I doubt there is anything you can do about it unless someone can hack the programming.
Thanks for the clarification. The issue here is that that Indian legal limit for nano drones is currently 120m and it was 15m earlier.

Had it been 15m I'd accept it with a pinch of salt and if it was 120m I'd have no complaints but being stuck at 25m when everyone else is able to fly up to 120m is annoying.

I'm thinking of using dronehacks, however, I thought I'll check with the community experts incase there's a way to reset the limit to 120m as I'm happy flying at that altitude and stay within the legal limits.

Have you updated the drone's firmware to latest? If it's a recent change in regulation it might only have been addressed in latest FW.

Or DJI might not even be aware the rules changed yet.

Have you updated the drone's firmware to latest? If it's a recent change in regulation it might only have been addressed in latest FW.

Or DJI might not even be aware the rules changed yet.
Kilrah, appreciate your reply.

Yes, I have updated both the drone and RC to the latest firmware. I have emailed [email protected] today hoping they'd be able to do something or at the least acknowledge the issue since mine is an isolated issue.

Here's the official response from DJI to my query.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108-181739_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221108-181739_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Sad
Here's the official response from DJI to my query.
Dear Conrad, DJI calling you Conard instead of Conrad in their answer is an evidence of not knowing one word of French, CONARD meaning Stupid or (Mod Removed Language) You will have to take their comments with another grain of salt. Cheers. I hope you will be able to fly higher than they do...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Conrad, DJI calling you Conard instead of Conrad in their answer is an evidence of not knowing one word of French, CONARD meaning Stupid or (Mod Removed Language) You will have to take their comments with another grain of salt. Cheers. I hope you will be able to fly higher than they do...
Cheers yo!

I don't know what the technicalities are, but if you're having issues that cannot be resolved with the drone in your posession, perhaps an excchange with DJI might be a possible solution. I would say that if the drone is supposed to fly at 120m and it cannot having done all the firmware updates, DJI customer service helpe, then you might be able to get DJI to declare the drone defective and covered under warranty and perhaps you can send the drone and controller back to DJI for a replacement. I don't know what else to say except that it is not operating properly in accordannce to Indian regulations and should be. It isn't right that you should spend so much money for a drone that isn't operating properly.

Reactions: ConradM
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and hoping someone can help me solve the below issue as DJI customer service keep blaming the government agencies for my issue.

In India all nano dronen users have a maximum altitude limit of 120m. Unfortunately, for me the altitude is grayed out at 25m.

I purchased the drone from Singapore so I'm not sure what's wrong here and how to enable the limit to 120m. I'm attaching a video for your reference.

I've tried using different DJI accounts and reinstalled the Fly app multiple times to no avail.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself

Reactions: dirkclod
Come on Galopin. These are largely Chinese who have enough trouble with English let alone be aware of any French words like "canard". It seems to be obviously a typo, especially wnen you have have tons of emails to respond to and little time to proof read. Catching mistakes in your own native language is hard enough. I think I caught one in this reply but left it there intentionally.

I completely agree with you Vindibona1. I like "canard" as a replacement for "conard".
Let's fly all together like the ducks! Here is my morning inspiration. Cheers!
Nice video.

I don't know what the technicalities are, but if you're having issues that cannot be resolved with the drone in your posession, perhaps an excchange with DJI might be a possible solution. I would say that if the drone is supposed to fly at 120m and it cannot having done all the firmware updates, DJI customer service helpe, then you might be able to get DJI to declare the drone defective and covered under warranty and perhaps you can send the drone and controller back to DJI for a replacement. I don't know what else to say except that it is not operating properly in accordannce to Indian regulations and should be. It isn't right that you should spend so much money for a drone that isn't operating properly.
If they can't import drones into India or provide after sales for drones in India due to India law... Then it's going to be nigh impossible to provide an exchange.

The issue you have is that DJI cannot support your drone as they consider it illegally imported into India.

A complete ban on the import of drones was implemented back in February of this year for anything other than military or R&D. As such, DJI are correct in that they cannot offer you support else they would be in breach of the embargo.

All of this is specifically to support the drone industry in India:
BBC News UK

Unfortunately, although you are of course correct that you can fly to 400 feet in a 'green zone', DJI cannot support you to achieve that with the drone you have hence the restriction you are seeing. You're probably lucky you can take off at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: ConradM and Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S