DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro and Autel Nano+ Arrived today

Suren

Reactions
My 2 cents on the Mini 3 Pro:

Build feels very cheap, including the remote but its a Mini so meant to be light weight.
Plastic feels like if grabbed too hard will break
Drone flys very well and very stable
GPS lock is amazingly fast compared to the Mavic 3
My Sat numbers shoot to like 15 in a matter of 20 to 30 seconds and it locks home point
Camera Quality also looks amazing
Holds properly in 40km/h winds at high altitude
RTH works well
Range worked not so bad in CE mode - Nano went double the Mini 3 range and dropped 1 bar whereas Mini 3 ended up RTH
Camera quality between Mini 3 and Nano is much of the same with Mini 3 looking more Natural and Nano slightly over saturated for me
Mini 3 OA seems to work better compared to Nano and works very well whereas Nano detects things in the sky that is not there
Mini 3 flew against 40km/h winds at 53km/h while Nano+ could only do 27km/h against the same wind - Mini was in sports and Nano in Ludicrous mod(felt like Tripod mode)

I am very happy so far with this Mini 3 drone based on basic tests. Still need to do proper testing but for now I am a happy chappie. I honestly would recommend this drone to new pilots and experienced alike. it flies solidly, handles like a Pro, Great flight time, Very small and compact, APAS really works etc etc etc. If you are in doubt about getting this drone, I say go for it, its much better compared to the Nano+.

142653emmfmzwvj7797cvw.jpeg

That fast GPS lock on the mini 3 is so nice to have, that was my only concern, , how fast does the Nano catch the GPS ?

Ludicrous mod(felt like Tripod mode) ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water

Last edited:
Can confirm. Without internet connection after cold boot my drone takes around 10 sec to get 8 satellites, and updates home point in less than 20 sec total, ready to fly

Reactions: Stach
That fast GPS lock on the mini 3 is so nice to have, that was my only concern, , how fast does the Nano catch the GPS ?

Ludicrous mod(felt like Tripod mode) ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water
The Nano locks GPS very fast as well, I would say about 30 seconds tops.

Ludicrous (Autels Sport mode) mode on the Nano did feel like Tripod mode in the wind. The Nano cannot handle winds like the Mini 3.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thank you @Suren - I had been debating the Nano+ as well, and was going to order one to try against the Mini 3 Pro. Not sure I need to now. :)

Thank you @Suren - I had been debating the Nano+ as well, and was going to order one to try against the Mini 3 Pro. Not sure I need to now. :)
You are welcome. I ended up giving the drone away to my son on its first day. 😂🤣

Thanks for the initial comparison, I was on the fence for a bit and considered the Nano, love that they had a color option wish DJI would do the same, but it came down to the controller and having the Mini 2 and Se going with what I already knew vs the unknown. Still waiting on my Mini 3 pro and can't wait!

Reactions: Suren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123