DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro and DJI Smart controller (rm500)

Brodysoldman

Reactions
Good morning, I'm new and looking for assistance please, I purchased a mini 3 pro and DJI Smart controller, I've fully updated firmware on both drone and controller but on the connection screen DJI MINI 3 isn't showing as an option on the RM500 but is on my phone app (DJI FLY)... Please please help 🙏

James (UK)

The DJI Smart Controller was first introduced with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and stretched as far as to the Air 2S.
While I still love it, DJI is not supporting it anymore (shame!) with later drones, so with the Mini 3 Pro, you are definitely out of luck.

Just out of curiosity, how and why did you buy the SC? Was it on private basis because DJI does not sell it anymore.

Reactions: Brodysoldman
The DJI Smart Controller was first introduced with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and stretched as far as to the Air 2S.
While I still love it, DJI is not supporting it anymore (shame!) with later drones, so with the Mini 3 Pro, you are definitely out of luck.

Just out of curiosity, how and why did you buy the SC? Was it on private basis because DJI does not sell it anymore.
First thanks everyone for replies think I'm going to go for the one it comes packaged with and sell this, I bought it privately naively lol...

What control (non mobile phone) would people recommend? (Just a hobbyist 👍

...What control (non mobile phone) would people recommend? (Just a hobbyist 👍
If non mobile phone you have only 2... the DJI RC & the DJI RC Pro.

The DJI RC should be enough for a newbie hobbyist just starting to dipping the toes into the hobby... the DJI RC PRO certainly have it's pro's over the DJI RC ... but it's over 3 x the $$$.

Oh, what a shame ... the SC is a good controller, just used it couple of minutes ago.
But it's not potent enough anymore and DJI won't cut down on OC3+ with the Mini 3 Pro and other current drones.

So, I second @slup recommendation and go for the DJI RC, it's well worth the money and a good deal compared to the RC Pro:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest