DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Backpack Case

Yeah I know, but the DJI cases kinda suck. I want something with better protection, ease of access and room for additional stuff. The one I have for my Mavic 3 is fantastic.

I haven't heard of anything yet but if you have never had a "mini" drone yet you'll be stunned by how much smaller in person it is than your Mavic 3, the videos and photos don't do it justice. All my other DJI drones (Mavic 2 Pro, FPV, etc.) I have very custom protective cases but the Mini 2 (and soon 3) I just throw it in a very small hand case and throw it in a bag, any old bag. Keeps truckin!

Reactions: Torque
Does anyone know of a 3rd party Backpack Case for the Mini 3 Pro being announced yet?
I purchased the one from Cynova for my Mavic 3 and I really would like to find something similar for the Mini 3 Pro.
I'm guessing you're looking for something with custom cut outs? If not then you could do a lot worse than the Lowepro Tahoe BP150. It's accommodated many of my drones over the years, is easy to customise and is very good value for money too. Plenty of room for everything.

Reactions: Torque
I like to use modular cases for the drone and the controller. I put them in a photo backpack with my DSLR or a photo messenger/shoulder bag. They allow me to change my setup to suit how I am going to shoot on that particular day. I also have a separate fire safe battery pouch designed for the drones batteries.

B1E3A0AF-BE68-4384-88A8-0FAB7E4C7FFC.jpeg

Reactions: Sjsram
I can't be alone in the drone frustration I have.

In simple terms I take my drone on holiday/travelling and then want to take on a walk, car journey, etc. to whip out when the opportunity arrives.

The basic problems are

1. Deploying the drone is a pain…Every method of carrying a drone means a frustrating set up especially if it's bright sunlight and I need a shade of some kind. Even when I've got get good at unpacking, it can take 10 mins to set up and then 10 minutes to pack away. In most of the places I go I want a quick 5-10 min video and be gone and so the 20 mins set up and pack away is fiddly, difficult (on the floor of a dirty track) and infuriating.
  2. Bright sunlight is an absolute pain. There are lots of sunshades but frankly in bright sunlight they're next to useless not least because you need to be able to read the small text on the screen that might be saying something like "SD card full not recording". Add to that they're difficult to carry around without damaging (in the drone backpack), fiddly to set up and easily broken.
  3. Screen size is a problem. It's all very well using a small phone to view what the drone is filming but small screens mean even smaller text and again that can be a big problem Sure I can use a tablet but that means lugging more weight, a much bigger more cumbersome sunshade, etc. It's especially a problem for those of us who are long sighted and need glasses to read the close stuff. It means juggling glasses on your head to see the screens and then moving to see the drone at longer range.
  4. Transporting for plane travel, etc is difficult. To take a drone on your travels/holidays means using up your onboard carry allowance with a dedicated drone bag. There's no easy alternative to folding down the backpack (I need to carry the drone on a walk/bus, etc) into my carry-on.

I can't be alone in these frustrations but despite looking through the forums I haven't seen anyone commenting on them as a whole.

I have a solution though... it's taken me hours of trial and error, and I've had to refine skills in cardboard folding, sewing, gluing and design.. but, for me, the result is awesome. I'm absolutely thrilled with the (final) end result and am posting just in case others might benefit. (NB this one is for Mavic Pro but principles apply to all drones and I've just finished a new and much improved version for Mini 3 Pro)

I've made the first and only backpack, I know of, that easily, safely and securely carries the drone, controller, etc, is really quick to deploy, is a complete blackout sunshade, incorporates optics (glasses) and folds completely flat to pack in hand or hold luggage. Consists of four parts...

1) Outer shell - ripstop nylon
2) Protective Frame - vinyl covered cardboard (possibly overkill?)
3) Carry Box / Backpack frame - cardboard frame
4) Sunshade - Cardboard box (usable without backpack or inside backpack)

It's a bit difficult to explain in simple words and so I've included four pictures to show the various elements.

Thoughts / comments?

Attachments

• 1 Outershell.jpg
    1 Outershell.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 2 Protective Frame.jpg
    2 Protective Frame.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 3 Carry Box.jpg
    3 Carry Box.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 4 Drone Shade.jpg
    4 Drone Shade.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
Glad you found something that works for you.

Chris

I just love the PGYTECH 25 OneMo. It is a terrific bag with a bag-in-a-bag capability.
It is versatile, soooo comfortable to wear and it is one of the best made "anythings" I have purchased in a long time.

It is well designed and so extremely convenient and versatile. There are many well-placed pockets and zippers as well as volume extender flaps to expand a portion of each bag. There are a number of moveable dividers for customization, and some of those dividers allow you to create pockets which have an upper and lower level. It has enough volume and surface area to become a great work surface in the field.

On big days when going far out or a long way in the truck I carry into the woods or to the shore: two M3P's, 6 batteries and chargers, two RC controllers, a little food, 2-4 L water, sometime several wall chargers and many cables (for going point a to point b and recharging before going to point c...), sometimes a laptop, landing pad, maintenance gear, many strobes, ND filters, my ID and FAA reference papers, resources for inquisitive visitors, extra memory cards, etc., etc. that's all in the main bag which is very, very comfortable to wear.

On a short hop I use the OneMo bag instead of the one from the Flymore kit (although that is nice and served me well a while). The OneMo Definitely fits into the "easy to carry...easy to whip it out to impress friends" category. Super for fast deployments and easy carry. It is a great standalone product.

I do wish the smaller moveable dividers each had just a little more length, maybe half cm more length? I think it would make them a little less likely to move when rifling through the bag for lost ND filter or when the drone velcro has become stuck to the bag.

I also can pack this bag as a carry on/overnight suitcase, so I don't think it'll be only a drone bag....

Mike

I just love the PGYTECH 25 OneMo. It is a terrific bag with a bag-in-a-bag capability.
It is versatile, soooo comfortable to wear and it is one of the best made "anythings" I have purchased in a long time.

It is well designed and so extremely convenient and versatile. There are many well-placed pockets and zippers as well as volume extender flaps to expand a portion of each bag. There are a number of moveable dividers for customization, and some of those dividers allow you to create pockets which have an upper and lower level. It has enough volume and surface area to become a great work surface in the field.

On big days when going far out or a long way in the truck I carry into the woods or to the shore: two M3P's, 6 batteries and chargers, two RC controllers, a little food, 2-4 L water, sometime several wall chargers and many cables (for going point a to point b and recharging before going to point c...), sometimes a laptop, landing pad, maintenance gear, many strobes, ND filters, my ID and FAA reference papers, resources for inquisitive visitors, extra memory cards, etc., etc. that's all in the main bag which is very, very comfortable to wear.

On a short hop I use the OneMo bag instead of the one from the Flymore kit (although that is nice and served me well a while). The OneMo Definitely fits into the "easy to carry...easy to whip it out to impress friends" category. Super for fast deployments and easy carry. It is a great standalone product.

I do wish the smaller moveable dividers each had just a little more length, maybe half cm more length? I think it would make them a little less likely to move when rifling through the bag for lost ND filter or when the drone velcro has become stuck to the bag.

I also can pack this bag as a carry on/overnight suitcase, so I don't think it'll be only a drone bag....

Mike
Great backpack but not for me.
1) Takes to long to get drone out and set up
2) No built in sunshade
3) No built in optics
4) Too bulk to pack when empty.
5) $200??????????????????

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members