DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro big battery

mavic53

Reactions
The bigger capacity battery is not available in Europe apparently.

yet another DJI piss take on yet another new drone launch, god I hate DJI, how I wish another drone manufacturer would come along with a super high quality product that could compete with them & delivers what they promise, but until then, we are stuck with DJI that deliver a crippled product for EU yet again.

yet another DJI piss take on yet another new drone launch, god I hate DJI, how I wish another drone manufacturer would come along with a super high quality product that could compete with them & delivers what they promise, but until then, we are stuck with DJI that deliver a crippled product for EU yet again.
Crippled? How?
They are supplying things in compliance with the legislation, would you have them supply the drone with batteries that put the drone into the next weight category?
If you want the bigger battery and intend to fly in accordance with the rules of the next weight category then fair enough but I suspect you would be the odd one out. I'd bet most EU & UK buyers are looking at this drone in order to remain below 250g, the bigger battery puts it 40 or so overwieight.

If you want to rant at someone surely you should target the law makers. DJI can only comply with their dictates.
I wonder what is the battery capacity of the Japanese version, their Mavic Mini batteries were/are tiny, or the height restrictions of the Indian version.

If your post is inspired by range limitations stemming from EU vs FCC transmitter power then even the lowly CE Mavic Mini can exceed most peoples' VLOS.

Last edited:
The car manufacturers have to go by each country’s rules for safety equipment, crash resistance, and emissions also. It would be nice if it was ‘one size fits all’ but that just isn’t the case. You could always move over here to the states! The girls like that accent!

Reactions: Chaosrider
YA , I'm peeved as well , I bought one as all the you tubers had proclaimed it would be possible to buy the extended batteries on release , the 43 min flying time being the attraction for me and my main reason for purchasing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580