DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro cannot fully tilt gimbal up 90 degrees

test2000Anafi

Reactions
Looks like they didn’t go all the way after all..
excuse the crappy execution (did this on a 2014 iPad Air 2), but you get the idea.
in portrait shooting position the gimbal becomes ‘higher’ so even less upward tilt. But still it looks like it will be blocked. Unless in flight the body is tilted up (the motor angles do suggest this slightly)
I also added a picture with full downward tilt; the concave space behind the gimbal looks to be for the downward position primarily. The upward tilt (beyond 40 percent) is either a bonus, or software disabled. Sad day, even though it can shoot upward better than any DJI currently available, this ain’t no skydio x2 or anafi , they are saving that for the non mini 3 pro or air 3 or magic 4 it appears

35AB16B2-5541-4F18-B7D9-F65EE2770A0F.jpegBF2044E8-050A-40D2-AC68-D2FDE4694222.jpeg

Looks like they didn’t go all the way after all..
excuse the crappy execution (did this on a 2014 iPad Air 2), but you get the idea.
in portrait shooting position the gimbal becomes ‘higher’ so even less upward tilt. But still it looks like it will be blocked. Unless in flight the body is tilted up (the motor angles do suggest this slightly)
I also added a picture with full downward tilt; the concave space behind the gimbal looks to be for the downward position primarily. The upward tilt (beyond 40 percent) is either a bonus, or software disabled. Sad day, even though it can shoot upward better than any DJI currently available, this ain’t no skydio x2 or anafi , they are saving that for the non mini 3 pro or air 3 or magic 4 it appears

View attachment 147578View attachment 147577
Hard to say,but they had no intention to have it tilt up all the way.
Not a sad day,as this feature is not that important .All I can say is
its a good thing the mini 3 pro is not like the anafi.

You might not have a clue about flight characteristics but imagine the body tilting forward while fighting the wind.
The more upward gimbal rotation is possible, the higher the forward angle of the airframe can be.

This will never happen on mini 3 pro as a result:

Mini 3 pro can still point up higher than air 2S and mavic 3, combined, even when flying upwind and even in sport mode.

To you that is a bad thing but to future Dji drone model owners, that is the best thing.

Reactions: Wreckhunter
You might not have a clue about flight characteristics but imagine the body tilting forward while fighting the wind.
The more upward gimbal rotation is possible, the higher the forward angle of the airframe can be.

Mini 3 pro can still point up higher than air 2S and mavic 3, combined, even when flying upwind and even in sport mode.

To you that is a bad thing but to future Dji drone model owners, that is the best thing.

Yes I do know a little about flight characteristics and am fully aware of how a drone tilts in the wind.I do have an air 2 and
have flown in you name it kind of weather.Also am aware of camera angles.So I kind of look at that opening remark as an
insult.No time or patience for that.Yes it is not a bad thing to have the camera tilt up higher to compensate for wind.
But when the drone is not moving and is hovering in the air even in heavy wind.A great amount of camera tilt is a non factor for still photography which is what I do.

Yes I do know a little about flight characteristics and am fully aware of how a drone tilts in the wind.I do have an air 2 and
have flown in you name it kind of weather.Also am aware of camera angles.So I kind of look at that opening remark as an
insult.No time or patience for that.Yes it is not a bad thing to have the camera tilt up higher to compensate for wind.
But when the drone is not moving and is hovering in the air even in heavy wind.A great amount of camera tilt is a non factor for still photography which is what I do.
The whole new design of the mini 3 pro was probably done for preventing or at least cutting down on fly aways.
Bigger props,probably more powerful motors,more speed,a new design on the gimbal to make it more robust,.
Greater range of motion with camera angle,to allow for more drone tilt while flying into strong winds.And this new design may be used
in their other upcoming new models as well.So please no more more nonsense about not knowing flight characteristics.

Reactions: Torque
The whole new design of the mini 3 pro was probably done for preventing or at least cutting down on fly aways.
Bigger props,probably more powerful motors,more speed,a new design on the gimbal to make it more robust,.
Greater range of motion with camera angle,to allow for more drone tilt while flying into strong winds.And this new design may be used
in their other upcoming new models as well.So please no more more nonsense about not knowing flight characteristics.
What are you saying?
The mini 2 is the perfect drone and the biggest improvement seen in a DJI product successor. No way mini 3 could improve on that, ask this board

• Haha
What are you saying?
The mini 2 is the perfect drone and the biggest improvement seen in a DJI product successor. No way mini 3 could improve on that, ask this board
If you just read what I mentioned above,and give it time to sink in,well that is all I am going to say.
And I did not mention the mini 2 because it was not about the mini 2.And another thing I do not recall
mentioning that the mini 3 was going to be any better than the mini 2,nobody knows that yet.Only time
will tell.Why do you think they went with a total new design on the mini 3 pro,well could it be that they
want and are looking for an improvement on everything.But wait hold on what sense would that make.
I do not have to ask the board,because we all have our own opinions on this new mini coming out.This
is my own opinion on this matter ,take it or leave it.

According to the leaked specs, Mini 3 won't be faster than Mini 2, just the same 16m/s.

No one knows how it will perform in the wind yet.it may be slower and it may be faster.
Or it could be the same speed,only time will tell.
Agree about wind performance, nobody knows, but speed wise they have the same numbers.

real question, can it do a full 360 pano with full sky ;)
For that it doesnt need 90 degrees up, maybe 75 is enough, less if the camera is oriented vertical. It takes pictures faster than other DJI drones so that should not be the issue

whew! a lot of unimaginative peeps out there, 90 degrees up is one of those different perspectives i use constantly
yes I've gone thru 4 djis (None crashed or lost)and still have a dji, ....lurker out

Reactions: test2000Anafi
No one knows how it will perform in the wind yet.it may be slower and it may be faster.
Or it could be the same speed,only time will tell.
Agree about wind performance, nobody knows, but speed wise they have the same numbers.
There's no mystery at all.
If you know the drone's max speed in still air, you know how it will perform in wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest