DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Update with Mini 3 Pro Firmware Update - V 01.00.0300

MS Coast

That's MS as in Mississippi.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Be aware that when you upgrade the Mini 3 Pro aircraft firmware to version 01.00.0300 there is also a battery update to be done. I saw no prompt to update the batteries. After the 0300 update, I clicked the Check for Updates button for aircraft firmware and was informed again that an update was available. It's actually a battery update. Confusingly, DJI calls it an aircraft firmware update. An update is needed for each battery.

I found no functional problems with the updated firmware, and the 360 panos appear to be full sky dome views now. I look at the wide-angle and 18 panos in a bit.

V 01.00.0300 aircraft firmware update screen.

Screenshot_20220818-125824.png

Battery update screen. The update is not referred to as a battery update until it's completed.

Screenshot_20220818-133417.png

Last edited:
I take it that it means that you have to update the firmware multiple time, once after installing each battery that you own? I wonder what the battery firmware does?

I take it that it means that you have to update the firmware multiple time, once after installing each battery that you own? I wonder what the battery firmware does?
Just one update for the aircraft firmware (meaning the drone) and one update for each for the additional batteries.

DJI considers the batteries to be a module of the aircraft. It creates a little confusion.

Last edited:
the battery in the drone gets updated during the main firmware install
afterwards each new battery only gets updated ,when i did mine ,the battery update started at 70% to 100% as each battery was updated

Thanks for this info. Battery update was not obvious to me.

It did take a few attempts for the firmware update to be identified as necessary on one of my batteries.

Are battery updates common?

@PK&W Modelwerx ,it all depends on what the update is actually about ,not every firmware update includes the batteries,

In this case, the update is likely so it will show the battery level on the RC Pro correctly. Batteries do get updated but not every update from what I’ve seen. Past updates focused more on time before discharge if you top one off and dont use it for a while. The batteries dont like to sit full for extended periods of time.

Interesting - I bought a M3P 2 weeks ago and when I turned it on and updated the FW for the first time gave me V 01.00.0300. This explains why when I was Goolging it looking for a detailed changelog I couldn't find anything at all - it wasn't officially released until yesterday. I got it early and didn't even know haha.

@CanadaDrone

I suspect it was DJI RC Remote Controller firmware v01.01.0300 in your case.
This has been released for about 4 weeks.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Be aware that when you upgrade the Mini 3 Pro aircraft firmware to version 01.00.0300 there is also a battery update to be done. I saw no prompt to update the batteries. After the 0300 update, I clicked the Check for Updates button for aircraft firmware and was informed again that an update was available. It's actually a battery update. Confusingly, DJI calls it an aircraft firmware update. An update is needed for each battery.

I found no functional problems with the updated firmware, and the 360 panos appear to be full sky dome views now. I look at the wide-angle and 18 panos in a bit.

V 01.00.0300 aircraft firmware update screen.

View attachment 153507

Battery update screen. The update is not referred to as a battery update until it's completed.

View attachment 153508
I had same problem. Try using the battery that came with the drone. I was able to get a successful update using that battery. I have yet to resolve the issue with the battery that I ordered off Amazon. But worst case scenario I need to get another brand battery and hope that one works....and hope for bug fix update. But right now I am dreading any updates period!
To sum up my issue....
I did not use the dji provided battery because I couldn't tell the difference between the 2. Also I blew air into the drone like a Nintendo 64 game cartridge..lol.
Old habits..but I don't think that is what solved it.

I had same problem. Try using the battery that came with the drone. I was able to get a successful update using that battery. I have yet to resolve the issue with the battery that I ordered off Amazon. But worst case scenario I need to get another brand battery and hope that one works....and hope for bug fix update. But right now I am dreading any updates period!
To sum up my issue....
I did not use the dji provided battery because I couldn't tell the difference between the 2. Also I blew air into the drone like a Nintendo 64 game cartridge..lol.
Old habits..but I don't think that is what solved it.
What's the issue with the second battery? Will it not update if you use the "Check for updates" link?

Thanks for this info. Battery update was not obvious to me.

It did take a few attempts for the firmware update to be identified as necessary on one of my batteries.

Are battery updates common?

Short answer, yes.

The battery updates are much less effort, after the initial overall update to the drone. No internet connection necessary, DJI Fly will prompt you with an "Inconsistent Firmware" message when powered up with a different battery that needs updating. This won't prevent you from flying most of the time if you choose not to update its firmware at that time.

You should though, and it takes no more than a minute. Just follow the prompts.

Battery firmware is involved in RTH range calculations, so gets updated regularly as DJI further refines this system.

I have noticed that the sound became lower in the transmitter and a voice you don't recognize after the update. It also reacts worse to the GO HOME button?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada