DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Low Battery Warnings

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey Guys, Is there a setting to set the Low Battery warnings like we had before in the other app ? I cant see to find that. If it exists. I get a low warning silent then and critical I get a return to home , then if I cancel it then gives an audible warning when its at 2 % and is about to land. Odd thing happened the other day. I was low battery canceled the RTH flew it back to home point and when I was about to land it wouldn't land! It was hovering around 1 foot from the HP and it wouldn't land! Then my wife grabbed it then the motors stopped ! Never saw this on any other of my drones.

I can't tell you where to set the warning in the new Fly app (hopefully you can though), however all DJI drones stop the motors instantly if the drone tilts past 90 degrees, which is probably why it stopped when your wife picked it up. Either way you're doing the right thing trying to set a warning - it's not good for lithium batteries to be run down so low (it's especially bad if you leave them there) and it's dangerous to fly with such low battery anyway. Most people set the warning around 20-30% and land with that. It also gives you a nice buffer if you have to RTH against the wind.

I'm actually picking up my M3P today however two features I really liked from the GO4 app were the ability to set a custom battery warning as well as an indicator showing you the lowest cell voltage in the battery. I am hoping I can do both but I don't actually know for sure.

This reminds me of the frustration a lot of drivers felt when actual oil pressure and water temperature gauges on cars and trucks were replaced with so-called idiot lights. There's a lot more useful information in a gauge than in an on/off warning light.

Skip White, my excellent flight instructor in Cessna 150s years ago, preached the habit of doing frequent and routine scans of key instrument. I try to translate that habit into drone flying by scanning the battery level and signal strength figures on the screen at least every minute during a flight.

Yeah I don't really care about the battery percentage warning, I already check that dozens of times during a flight as I am very picky about RTH between 20-30% and keeping my batteries in the best possible condition.

What I will really miss is the voltage display - it's the only way to see if your drone is about to drop out of the sky due to a problem with a battery cell.

Reactions: MS Coast
In the Fly App, if you tap on the "Battery Percent Remaining" Icon, you get another display on same three time remaining battery estimates - 1/ Time left until RTH 2/ Time until Forced Landing 3/ Time until Battery Depleted.

In the Fly App, if you tap on the "Battery Percent Remaining" Icon, you get another display on same three time remaining battery estimates - 1/ Time left until RTH 2/ Time until Forced Landing 3/ Time until Battery Depleted.
Nice tip...thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3