DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Mini 3 Pro Low Light finally let off the lead! Second native ISO and -2 noise reduction!

Derlisz

Reactions

Finally DJI listened to feedback and given us what we wanted: ability to switch off in camera denoising / sharpening as well as partially given us ability to engage true second native iso. Iso 500 is not selectable from the camera

settings but it can be achieved by engaging Pro mode, setting desired shutter speed, setting ISO to auto and adjusting the exposure compensation untill the auto iso will

select 500 or just above it. After that we can lock the exposure on screen or by using one of the C buttons. Still no way to turn off the dual gain conversion in natural frame rates like 24/25/30 so this will only work in 48/50/60/120 fps. Don't get me wrong. Iso 800 isn't half bad but it might be a bit high for blue hour.

This video is only a short test and a proof of concept but do let me know what you think.

Finally DJI listened to feedback and given us what we wanted: ability to switch off in camera denoising / sharpening as well as partially given us ability to engage true second native iso. Iso 500 is not selectable from the camera

settings but it can be achieved by engaging Pro mode, setting desired shutter speed, setting ISO to auto and adjusting the exposure compensation untill the auto iso will

select 500 or just above it. After that we can lock the exposure on screen or by using one of the C buttons. Still no way to turn off the dual gain conversion in natural frame rates like 24/25/30 so this will only work in 48/50/60/120 fps. Don't get me wrong. Iso 800 isn't half bad but it might be a bit high for blue hour.

This video is only a short test and a proof of concept but do let me know what you think.
I'm impressed with the video quality. I'm thinking of adding a Mini 3Pro to my fleet and I think you help me make that decision! Good job!!

Reactions: kalimah and Derlisz
Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing it and for the suggestions to allow us to duplicate this effect.

Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing it and for the suggestions to allow us to duplicate this effect.
I'm glad I could help. In terms of replicating this.i would suggest to still denoise the image in either Davinci Resolve, Neat Plugin or at least Topaz Video AI. Failing that possibly keeping the internal noise reduction at -1 or 0

Thank you for sharing this insight.
- Are these settings visible for a particular firmware/app version? I tried to locate it on the RC but couldn't
- It would be great if you can share a screenshot or two of where these settings are and how to navigate to them
Will be much appreciated.

Reactions: Derlisz
great film, well put together and the traffic circles or roundabouts are a great element. Nice selection of music to accompany it.

Reactions: Derlisz
Thank you for sharing this insight.
- Are these settings visible for a particular firmware/app version? I tried to locate it on the RC but couldn't
- It would be great if you can share a screenshot or two of where these settings are and how to navigate to them
Will be much appreciated.
Hi. Sorry for a late reply. Both the drone and the app at on the current or the latest firmware. I believe the settings for sharpness and noise reduction are located in options under camera tab.

great film, well put together and the traffic circles or roundabouts are a great element. Nice selection of music to accompany it.
I'm glad you liked it. I'm now planning to do more of a showcase video for my town. The roundabouts are very common in UK and my town has probably more then an average ammount of them. Thanks for your comment!

Reactions: russpury
You need to put the camera in Pro (manual) mode, then leave/select the ISO in auto mode, and adjust shutter speed until ISO reads as close to 500 as you can get it. A.k.a. Aperture/ISO priority mode.

You need to put the camera in Pro (manual) mode, then leave/select the ISO in auto mode, and adjust shutter speed until ISO reads as close to 500 as you can get it. A.k.a. Aperture/ISO priority mode.
That wouldn't be helpful to anyone who is not familiar with this. It's not how this works in the drone. Within the Pro (manual) mode you can either select value of ISO, shutter speed or select auto on either one or both. There would not be a aperture priority as aperture is non adjustable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun