DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro RC Maps

AusTrekie

Reactions
Is anyone having problem installing/downloading offline maps on the RC. I am unable to download maps from my iphone 13 pro using my hotspot. Any suggestions on how to achieve this would appreciated, am I missing something ? Running the latest DJI updates for RC and Mini 3 Pro and latest iOS updates.

I’m not getting maps at all on the RC, just a white box. It doesn’t matter if it’s connected to my phone’s hotspot or my home Wi-Fi. It doesn’t appear to be a Wi-Fi issue as I can do firmware updates & watch tutorials on the RC. Running all the latest updates. ☹️

Reactions: jephoto
I see the same thing since the update plus some other funkyness as well. One thing I also noticed as that the photos don't look as good as before the update but the video is still OK.

This issue has been reported to DJI since the last update to fly. 1.6.8.
It is a glitch in the app. According to resources, DJI is working on it, so expect another update to the app and the remote soon. The latest app version is also effecting the RC Pro.

Reactions: jephoto
This issue has been reported to DJI since the last update to fly. 1.6.8.
It is a glitch in the app. According to resources, DJI is working on it, so expect another update to the app and the remote soon. The latest app version is also effecting the RC Pro.

It's strange that the problem isn't showing up on all Mini 3/RC combinations.

It's strange that the problem isn't showing up on all Mini 3/RC combinations.
Reading the posts on this issue on several forums and YT reports, it appears that this is affecting those who either knowingly factory reset their RCs or were forced to reset due to firmware upgrades not happening properly. After reading about this last night, the first thing I did this morning was to go out and fly and try all the options, and to me it appeared to work fine except a bit og lag in the communication when the quad got to about 1800 ft. I was going to reset the RC as suggested by a YTber to start afresh since this was a major update but then held myself after seeing so many reports of problems.

It would help to hear from others to see if my theory has any ground. :)

Reading the posts on this issue on several forums and YT reports, it appears that this is affecting those who either knowingly factory reset their RCs or were forced to reset due to firmware upgrades not happening properly. After reading about this last night, the first thing I did this morning was to go out and fly and try all the options, and to me it appeared to work fine except a bit og lag in the communication when the quad got to about 1800 ft. I was going to reset the RC as suggested by a YTber to start afresh since this was a major update but then held myself after seeing so many reports of problems.

It would help to hear from others to see if my theory has any ground. :)
I did a factory reset on the controller and my Mini 3 is performing as it should. So, one data point says a reset doesn't cause the problem.

Is anyone having problem installing/downloading offline maps on the RC. I am unable to download maps from my iphone 13 pro using my hotspot. Any suggestions on how to achieve this would appreciated, am I missing something ? Running the latest DJI updates for RC and Mini 3 Pro and latest iOS updates.
The lack of maps on the RC is such a major headache & disappointment. It is a serious flaw that needs immediate attention. It endangers flight operation. i regret buying the RC because of this. The equipment is defective so why are we paying for it?

Reactions: PalmPilot
The lack of maps on the RC is such a major headache & disappointment. It is a serious flaw that needs immediate attention. It endangers flight operation. i regret buying the RC because of this. The equipment is defective so why are we paying for it?
Agree to your comments, it would be good for the RC to show maps, without the use of the cell phone, even if obtaining them from the Drone GPS, if that was at all possible, similar to the Tom Tom or Garmin GPS units. I have to say using my iphone to interact with The RC to download maps has not always been reliable.

Reactions: PalmPilot and Fleek
Totally agreed. Had I researched enough I would have bought the standard no screen remote.

Having the same issue with my new Mavic 3 and RC pro today. Cannot get it to see the iPhone hotspot. Very much a deal. I depend on it
Def will remember to preload maps for now but this is a real problem

And I’m on latest Firmware updates as of a few days ago

Maybe it’s an Apple/ Android issue?

Having the same issue with my new Mavic 3 and RC pro today. Cannot get it to see the iPhone hotspot. Very much a deal. I depend on it
Def will remember to preload maps for now but this is a real problem

And I’m on latest Firmware updates as of a few days ago

Maybe it’s an Apple/ Android issue?
I don't understand why DJI does not fix such a basic & crucial feature.

Who is best to contact/ complain to get their attention?
We as a community need to make some noise

I live in an Authorization Zone and I need a phone hotspot connection every time I fly my Mini 3 in my own yard.

My RC turns off WiFi every time I turn off the unit and I have to go into the RC settings menu to reinvoke it.

How do we look up a local DJI rep?
This is the online support chat for DJI. I will lodge a complaint with them this weekend. If a number of us do that, maybe they will listen?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore