DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Wont Pair To Remote

Digitalxknife

Reactions
I have a new Mavic Mini 3 Pro and An Original Mavic Mini 2 RC Remote (Not Mini 3 Remote).

The Mini 3 Pro is updated to the most current Firmware but will not pair to my remote. (I have fully charged both batteries).

The Remote works fine on my Mavic Mini 2 however, It Is not updated to its latest firmware and Im wondering if that is the problem as to why it wont Pair to the 3 PRO?

I also cannot seem to update the remote through the Fly app OR The DJI Assistant 2 PC app. On the PC app It connects to the software and boots up but I get a "server error" code when trying to access the latest firmware update for the remote.

What should I do next?

I had to use the Remote that came with the Mini 3 to update the drone so it would accept the RC Pro.
Im wondering if you may have to do the same , which means use the Assistant 2 for update first.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I had to use the Remote that came with the Mini 3 to update the drone so it would accept the RC Pro.
Im wondering if you may have to do the same , which means use the Assistant 2 for update first.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I used The app to update the mini 3 pro to latest firmware successfully but I dont have a mini 3 pro remote, only Mini 2 RC remote.

the current app I'm using wont let me access updates on the that mini 2 remote, is it a bug or do I need a different app altogether to update the remote?

Used someone's Mini 3 Pro yesterday and thought I'd update my Mini2's rc231 in case I needed to use it instead of the owner's DJI RC, and same no firmware at all is offered for it either by the app or current "Assistant for Consumer Drones".

nofw.png

Seems DJI might have an issue on their list of firmwares for the older version of the rc231...

Reactions: Digitalxknife
Used someone's Mini 3 Pro yesterday and thought I'd update my Mini2's rc231 in case I needed to use it instead of the owner's DJI RC, and same no firmware at all is offered for it either by the app or current "Assistant for Consumer Drones".

View attachment 159250

Seems DJI might have an issue on their list of firmwares for the older version of the rc231...
I see this. Is very concerning.. as In they just offer NO way for people to update the older Remotes frimware right now? Is it a bug or are they just trying to obsolete it because at this point I cannot Pair my Mavic Mini 3 Pro to it.

dumb question. but your phone/tablet is connected to the remote with the remote on and fly app open, then you go to "link remote" and it starts beeping. correct? then the mini 3 is turned on and you press and hold the power button a few secs till the drone itself beeps?

dumb question. but your phone/tablet is connected to the remote with the remote on and fly app open, then you go to "link remote" and it starts beeping. correct? then the mini 3 is turned on and you press and hold the power button a few secs till the drone itself beeps?
Not a dumb question! Thanks for helping, So yes I follow that exact process with Full Batteries charged. It works on the Mini 2 but with the new Mini 3 pro it just wont pair. So I assumed it was the firmware on the Drone or remote. Updated the Drone succesfully but I cant get any of the apps to update the firmware on the old Mini2 Remote (If that is even the issue or not)

so i recently went through something similar. had an air 2s that came with rc pro. i could get the drone to link to my older smart controller but couldnt get it to link to my stock remote that came with my mavic 3 nor to the stock remote that came with my mini 2. long story short i downgrade the firmware on the m3 remote to a previous version using the assistant app on computer then tried to link to the air 2s and it said there was a firmware update and it updated then would allow me to connect

worth a shot

so i recently went through something similar. had an air 2s that came with rc pro. i could get the drone to link to my older smart controller but couldnt get it to link to my stock remote that came with my mavic 3 nor to the stock remote that came with my mini 2. long story short i downgrade the firmware on the m3 remote to a previous version using the assistant app on computer then tried to link to the air 2s and it said there was a firmware update and it updated then would allow me to connect

worth a shot
Thank you, I think the issue with this for me is that I have both the Consumer app and The Assistant 2 app and neither will list anything at all for the Remote, old updates or the current one. It connects to it but no listings appear.

Thank you, I think the issue with this for me is that I have both the Consumer app and The Assistant 2 app and neither will list anything at all for the Remote, old updates or the current one. It connects to it but no listings appear.
launch the assistant to on your computer V2.1.13 is the newest one, turn the remote on and plug it into the comptuer with a USB to USB-C data cable be sure your logged in with your DJI account on the assistant program. and it should recognize the RCN-1 and allow you to downgrade 1 FW version

I currently have the latest versions of DJI Assistant "Consumer" And also DJI Assistant 2 for "MAVIC" installed, I dont see a version available for download that matches V2.1.13 if you can link me?

This is the current version that is available on the website:

I am also using multiple different TYPE C cables. None seem to make a difference.

I currently have the latest versions of DJI Assistant "Consumer" And also DJI Assistant 2 for "MAVIC" installed, I dont see a version available for download that matches V2.1.13 if you can link me?

This is the current version that is available on the website:

I am also using multiple different TYPE C cables. None seem to make a difference.
i just checked and guess i was wrong. V2.1.13 is older. they change so quick this link is under the Mini 3 Pro downloads. give it a try V2.1.15

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost