DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Leaks

I posted the wrong video while ago. This are the tentative specs for the mini 4 as per few youtubers.
DJI Paladin Posted at 5-10 16:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you looking forward to our future products. With regards to this, we have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we received it. Thank you for your understanding and support.

*A 2in sensor on a mini? Very doubtful.

All very interesting... but way to early IMO to be based on anything substantial. That being said, most pilots will continue to demand/want better in a smaller package in the Prosumer category. Portability is a game change and getting great quality in a small package is always a game changer.

I have been a solid DJI fan/customer since they introduced the NAZA controllers and we built our rigs... Phantom 1,2,3,4 and most of the Mavic Series. If this video is even 90% true it will be a great new bird.

All that said, I am not buying another DJI product that is not compatible with their goggles. I would have already purchased the MP3 and M3 mini if they had been goggles compatible. At this point I'm looking at the Autel lineup that uses Livedeck with 2.4, 5.8 and 900mhz capability. I think DJI is totally missing the point in regards to goggles compatibility and their (non-racer FPV) uses. Hey DJI, here is a big hint: Goggles aren't just for racing!!!

Watching and waiting :)

Reactions: 4 inch pistons
This is not believable at all.
But from what I have heard, they will release a non-pro version of the Mini 3 pretty soon, however I can't say it for sure.

Reactions: New England Droning
There will always be a next latest/greatest drone being released, of course with higher prices and more margin built in. Having said that the Mini 3 is head and shoulders better than the Mini 2, but one might argue that the price difference might out-strip the added practical benefiits.

Interesting that the Mini 3 with the RCN1 is now being offered for $759 USD with FMC being offered separately for $189, totaling $948 USD whereas the Mini 2 with FMC sold for $600 or so. Pricing the differences between the Mini 2 and 3 there is roughly $348 diffference... or approximately a 50% price difference one model to the next.

Worthy it? I guess, as so many of us paid up for the Mini 3. I saw litttle value in upgrading with the RCN1 controller, but for $150 more to get the DJI RC controller seemed to be a better value in spite of still feeling the big price bump. It appears that DJI targeted a "higher needs" market; particularly those where staying under 250g is essential and in doing so hit a home run. It will be interesting to see what DJI does with a Miini 4 that we all know is coming sooner or later.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
They need to try and do something about the overheating leading to shutdown & lens fogging issues before they even begin
to think about a mini 4.
I have been flying my mini 3 for quite a while and I have not noticed any fogging issue. You are the third person that mentioned that. When does the lens become foggy if you do not mind me asking? As far as the heating issue, I think there is no solution since there is no fan, I do not know if the mini 2 heats up since I do not own one.

That is what I thought, if they pull this off, this drone will be a must have.
If they pull what off?
There's no mention of any new features, nothing that would make you want to get the drone they are trying to describe.
It's just a listing of the specs from the existing Mini 3 with a few mistakes and/or random small changes.
And there's no such thing as a 2 inch sensor.

There are always hoax "leaks" about imaginary future drones and this is a very poor one.

The two-inch sensor was what caught my eye, true or false. At this point, with all the advances in technology it would not surprise me if DJI can come with it.

I highly doubt it will be a 2" sensor. Are there some in the market already like that? Especially on the budget end offering?

It's more likely the mini line will go up to 1" with the air and mavic increasing from there.

The two-inch sensor was what caught my eye, true or false. At this point, with all the advances in technology it would not surprise me if DJI can come with it.
The two-inch sensor was what caught my eye too because there is no such thing.
It was a clue that the maker of the video doesn't know much about drones and was just making things up.
DJI don't make camera sensors, they buy them in from one of the few manufacturers.
But if there was a 2 inch sensor, the camera and lens for it would weigh much too much for a DJI Mini.

Reactions: Alan_M
DJI does not make image sensors. And as Meta4 pointed out, there is no such thing as a 2 inch sensor.

DJI does not make image sensors. And as Meta4 pointed out, there is no such thing as a 2 inch sensor.

Technically if it exist it already exist by a known name. Depending on the aspect ratio, a 2" sensor would be either the already existing micro - 4/3 as found on a mavic 3 (which isn't going to be in a mini) up to a APS-C size sensor.

So yes if it existed it would be called one of those, not " 2 inch".

Technically if it exist it already exist by a known name. Depending on the aspect ratio, a 2" sensor would be either the already existing micro - 4/3 as found on a mavic 3 (which isn't going to be in a mini) up to a APS-C size sensor.
The biggest sensor using inch size naming is a 1.5 inch sensor that was one used in an old Canon camera nearly 10 years ago.
That was bigger than a 4/3 sensor and smaller than an APS-C.

0:05 2-inch sensor & 0:30 focal length 247mm & 0:46 FOV 82° ???? IMPOSIIBLE !

This is not believable at all.
But from what I have heard, they will release a non-pro version of the Mini 3 pretty soon, however I can't say it for sure.
To me, it's more of a dream sheet, rather than reality. Plus "early 2023?" If something were coming out it might be Sept - Nov.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji