DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Battery Charging Speed

Robb1971

Reactions
Hello All. First dumb question since joining yesterday. Can I get a higher watt power supply in USB C, and a USB C to USB Micro cable (legacy cable), and get faster charges out of the Mini’s batteries? I know the legacy cables are available, I’m just not sure if the USB Micro connection limits the wattage and amp output from a more powerful power supply (18-30 W). I know standard USB is limited, but it takes forever to achieve a full charge in the Mini’s batteries. Any thoughts??

Are you using the charging hub and an 18w QC 3.0 charger ?

No I’m charging in the drone. I didn’t buy the Fly More so I didn’t get a power supply. I’m using one I had here around the house. Again not sure of the wattage of the supply, as there isn’t a single mark on it. Must’ve had a sticker at one time. I have the multi battery charger coming from Amazon. Should be here today.

No I’m charging in the drone. I didn’t buy the Fly More so I didn’t get a power supply. I’m using one I had here around the house. Again not sure of the wattage of the supply, as there isn’t a single mark on it. Must’ve had a sticker at one time. I have the multi battery charger coming from Amazon. Should be here today.

Ah right, for faster charging you'll need the 18w QC 3.0 wall charger

Something like this would be good, one 18w port for the batteries and one for the remote controller

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
On my way to pick one up. Hopefully should make a big difference. Thanks for your feedback!!!

I use a Samsung adaptative fast charger able to output 9V 1,67A or 5V 2A.
The word adaptative is very important as it is the charger that detects it can switch to a fast charge.
When plugging into the MM USB port, the leds start flashing at a low rate, then after 2 sec or so, the charger adapts the power and the led flash at a very high rate !!!!

Reactions: Jsaint
If of use, the 3 port charging hub 'from' the flymore is available on Amazon UK for £35, I'd guess it's available on the US Amazon for a similar price.
I dislike the idea of using the Mini's micro USB connector as a charger port because micro USB connections seem so fragile and subject to abuse.

The DJI multi charger is actually being delivered today from Amazon. Was on backorder for a bit...I’m still toying with the idea of USB C to micro for charging. I really like the idea of eliminating USB A, and streamlining to USB C, as all of my other current devices are now C. Anker makes a nice 30W USB C, low profile adaptive charger, and I’m thinking I’ll order it and try it out. At the least, I can eliminate the outdated USB A. Not sure why DJI didn’t do this in the first place!??

" Not sure why DJI didn’t do this in the first place!?? "
Perhaps because some people don't like the tiny connectors of micro, mini and C.
At least the old big connectors can stand some abuse whether it be intended or accidental.

" Not sure why DJI didn’t do this in the first place!?? "
Perhaps because some people don't like the tiny connectors of micro, mini and C.
At least the old big connectors can stand some abuse whether it be intended or accidental.
Would hazard a guess at weight and room.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR