DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Battery charging time?

David Smith

Reactions
Morning all. Just a quick one. How long would you expect it to take to charge a Mavic mini battery? I had mine on for six hours yesterday after the handset told me I needed to recharge the battery. It was still only cycling through up to three lights when I went to bed. It was fully charged this morning.IE all 4 lights solid on.
Dave.

This thread from Thursday addresses your question.

My batteries‘ first charge seemed to take overnight, too, but subsequent charges have taken less than four hours for all three batteries (drained to about 10% charge). This is all assuming you’re using the SJI charging block that comes with the three batteries in the Fly More Combo. Charging via a USB cable directly attached to the aircraft may take longer, with the charging block and cable quality being the variables.

Enjoy flying this weekend!

Last edited:
if you have the combo it will come with a couple of cables and an 18w charger ,but if you only have the basic version then it will take longer to charge the single battery in the drone
just a bit of advice, it is always better when charging any sort of lipos, to make sure that during the charging process, you are able to monitor them during the charge process as that is the time when if an issue arises with the cells they are more likely to ignite,i don't want to scare monger and it is very rare for this to happen just want you to be aware of it thats all

Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one
if you have the combo it will come with a couple of cables and an 18w charger, but if you only have the basic version then it will take longer to charge the single battery in the drone
just a bit of advice, it is always better when charging any sort of lipos, to make sure that during the charging process, you are able to monitor them during the charging process as that is the time when if an issue arises with the cells they are more likely to ignite, I don't want to scaremonger and it is very rare for this to happen just want you to be aware of it that's all
Hi Both. Thanks for the advice on monitoring the charging. I won't go to bed leaving them all on their own again. I also only have the basic model.
Thanks Dave

@basiltarquin not with the hub that comes with the combo im afraid it charges one at a time ,starting with the one with the most charge remaining ,you can get an aftermarket charger that will charge up to 4 batteries at once and the RC as well takes about an hour

if you have the combo it will come with a couple of cables and an 18w charger ,but if you only have the basic version then it will take longer to charge the single battery in the drone
just a bit of advice, it is always better when charging any sort of lipos, to make sure that during the charging process, you are able to monitor them during the charge process as that is the time when if an issue arises with the cells they are more likely to ignite,i don't want to scare monger and it is very rare for this to happen just want you to be aware of it thats all
I guess I won’t be sleeping tonight. Lol! I just picked up a Mav Mini so I have something to fly while I get my accreditation for my Zoom 2. It was suggested to me that I grab a Mini to have something to fly in the meantime seeing that it’s under 250 grams.
However, I just started charging the MM about an hour ago and I don’t want to stop the charge halfway through. Just in case it damages the battery. I got a bundle pack from Costco that came with some sort of cool looking dome light up display charger. Out of the four charging lights (the ones that turn on in sequence while attached to the charger) only 3 are lighting up. Well you might say 3&1/2, although it could just be a glow from the others. I suppose I’ll just have to keep an eye on it. I’m sure everything will work out.
Clear skies ahead.
Over?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
@basiltarquin not with the hub that comes with the combo im afraid it charges one at a time ,starting with the one with the most charge remaining ,you can get an aftermarket charger that will charge up to 4 batteries at once and the RC as well takes about an hour
What's the one called that will charge all at same time please

Reactions: old man mavic
@Topline71 go on the Amazon site as in the above post from@MAvic_South_Oz scroll down and you will see Lyongtech 6 in one rapid charger ,there is a version for both the original Mini ,and the Mini SE or Mini 2, both of which use different batteries ,from the original mini make sure you purchase the correct on for your particular version of Mini

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143