DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Bob's Info: Flight log, best way to review?

Bob Suval

Reactions
Apologies if it is a topic that has already been discussed. Being new to the Mavic Mini I try to find out about how to make the flights as safe as possible. As many others of you have experienced, many hours of videos and manual reading.
So far only short flights. When the Mini is hovering I have seen the Mini's light turn red at times.
Worried, I decided to try to check the flight record, but how to do it?
Well, with DJI Fly I did not go well so I followed the advice of Rafa Ocon (Youtube, in Spanish
) and did the following:
1 On my notebook I went to air.data.com and started an account.
2 On my cell phone (Moto One Macro, Android 10) download the Airdata UAV application (it is NOT necessary to download the HD sync app as I read somewhere, only the Aidata UAV is enough)
3 I followed the instructions and in my Airdata account (in the cell phone and notebook) flights were synchronized. Very easy.

I ask if this is the best way to analyze flights, I suppose there must others.
I didn't find any special red light warning while hovering.
Comments?

Thanks @boblui, I have seen these notices in the manual but they do not match what happens to me. Takeoff, MM warns that everything OK, I begin to rise vertically and the red light begins to be seen (slow blinking) until it reaches 4 - 5 meters. There it changes to green. Looking in the manual on page 38 I see that perhaps this light is associated with the fact that I am on the edge of a GEO zone. But I am allowed to fly up to 120 meters high and all this happens at 5 meters. I'm going to check on my next flights to see if I find out what it is about, perhaps I´m lucky and someone tells me first. Greetings.

Did you figure out what was causing the occasional red flashing light? My mini 2 was doing the same thing today. When I first took off I saw it flashing red a couple times, then green for a bit, every time I changed altitude I would get a couple red flashes. Landed, and did an IMU calibration. Drone did the same thing, but seemed to operate correctly. According to B4UFLY app I was a couple miles outside restricted airspace, the the GoFly app said I was in an altitude zone, 492, which isn't an issue since the altitude limit here for drones is 400 foot anyway. In doing a search, I saw some indication that it was suspected on other drones that 2 red flashes was an undocumented feature of other drone models in restricted zones, but I found nothing definitive.

Guess I too will have to learn how to read the flight logs to see if there is any good data there to help figuring this remarkable little device out.

Did you figure out what was causing the occasional red flashing light? My mini 2 was doing the same thing today. When I first took off I saw it flashing red a couple times, then green for a bit, every time I changed altitude I would get a couple red flashes. Landed, and did an IMU calibration. Drone did the same thing, but seemed to operate correctly. According to B4UFLY app I was a couple miles outside restricted airspace, the the GoFly app said I was in an altitude zone, 492, which isn't an issue since the altitude limit here for drones is 400 foot anyway. In doing a search, I saw some indication that it was suspected on other drones that 2 red flashes was an undocumented feature of other drone models in restricted zones, but I found nothing definitive.

Guess I too will have to learn how to read the flight logs to see if there is any good data there to help figuring this remarkable little device out.
Hello #Jeff.K . As I lost my fear of crashing the Mini 1, stop paying attention to that red light problem. As I recall, it was also related to upward acceleration, but I couldn't really know the cause. My worries were changing .... flying over the water a little ..... a little more ..... now I no longer worry because I see that there is no problem. After the disconnections, the screen freezing at various distances between 800 and 1400 meters and 60 to 100 high (in places with possible 0 interference. Here is a photo of where I fly. Greetings and congratulations on the Mini 2.

Attachments

• DJI_0154.jpg
    DJI_0154.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: makemineamac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member