DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini cable?

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
No, I don’t have the mm yet. It’s still in travel mode I think in Memphis. I have a cable that I think will work for the little bugger, but if you guys that were smarter than me and ordered from somewhere other than DJI and are flying now, please share what cable is the correct one to use. CA652061-CCB2-4553-83F3-99DB8B77050A.jpeg
Thank. (Yes, phantom stuff)

If that short cable is a micro OTG adapter, then it should work.
I'm waiting for my OTG adapter to arrive from Amazon today so I can more effectively use my tablets.

when i first had my ipad for use with my MPP i to needed a cable to attach it to the bottom USB on the controller and the ipad
after doing some research i found a brilliant cable from Thors drone World it is well made and since i started using it i have not had any problems so when i found out i was getting a MM i thought that that cable would do for it then i discovered that the controller does not have the bottom USB so i went on the TDW site and ordered this one (micro USB OTG to lighting coiled video feed cable ) they ship worldwide

Reactions: scooot
when i first had my ipad for use with my MPP i to needed a cable to attach it to the bottom USB on the controller and the ipad
after doing some research i found a brilliant cable from Thors drone World it is well made and since i started using it i have not had any problems so when i found out i was getting a MM i thought that that cable would do for it then i discovered that the controller does not have the bottom USB so i went on the TDW site and ordered this one (micro USB OTG to lighting coiled video feed cable ) they ship worldwide

Can you share the link please.?

Reactions: old man mavic
Email [email protected] or type in thors Drone world in google and you can access their site

These are great cables, especially the right angle into controller, and the spiral cable that keeps it out of the way nicely.

The mini cable is this one ?

Looks like it'll do nicely, not often you can find foot long cables.
I can't see US$ price in Australia, but bet it's under $10 ?

Interesting, none of these suppliers are yet noting Mini compatibility with their cables, as in the list of what drones the connectors will fit.

These are great cables, especially the right angle into controller, and the spiral cable that keeps it out of the way nicely.

Interesting, none of these suppliers are yet noting Mini compatibility with their cables, as in the list of what drones the connectors will fit.
before i purchased the cable for the MM i to could not see one that was actually listed for the MM so i used their chat service and asked if the one i saw would work with the MM controller and the ipad and they said yes the price in the UK was £15 and you could choose standard postal delivery for £8 or courier for £23 i chose postal and it came in 8 days i know there are cheaper cables on Amazon and i expect many of them are perfectly fine trouble is a lot of them take 3 weeks plus to arrive and lately customs are adding import charges on products from China and the USA

Last edited:
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
before i purchased the cable for the MM i to could not see one that was actually listed for the MM so i used their chat service and asked if the one i saw would work with the MM controller and the ipad and they said yes

Yes, the chat service is really good on their site, I guess he may access this after hours too, as I have connected (no pun) with them twice that way now, and we have odd hours between us :)

Just got 4 cables, spares, 2 of each for the Spark (same as mini) and Mavic, should outlast me !! Lol.

i started to buy their products because of recommendations from members on this forum thats what makes it such a great source of info

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

This one mentioned the mini, but after reading some of the reviews, it was a no go.

This one mentioned the mini, but after reading some of the reviews, it was a no go.

Oh yeah, just had a look.
Overall reviews were reasonable for drone use, but that one flyaway especially !! :confused:
The specific steps most said had to be followed (for it to work) was a bit unusual too.
Always pays to read up on those reviews, Amazon site seems to always have them on their products.

Just got to watch out for people not knowing what they are buying, the one I read who returned it thinking it would do on his Mavic Pro :rolleyes:

I was using a non spiral cable my BIL gave me for the Spark, is nice and short for the ipad use, has right angle into ipad and controller at ends, but it's obviously a cheaper ebay type supplier.
The end for the controller was coming apart, a bit of sticky kept it holding ok, but now it can be kept as a 2nd back up, should I ever go through the 2 connecthor cables.

If you haven't found another yet, I reckon the Thors cables are pretty much leaders in the pack.
I got free DHL shipping when I asked, seeing that advertised on another package deal.
They agreed, and 6 or so days later my cables arrived from Norway.

since i have been into drone flying and from previous experience i have always found in life that the old saying "you only get what you pay for" has been very important when it comes to products and accessories purchased for drones

the main reason being that something that flies in the air has to overcome gravity, and at some point gravity will take over the object and we all know the result so with that in mind it is important to make sure that anything you purchase for your drone is up to the task as far as keeping it airborne is concerned, and although the cable in question is on the remote it needs to be reliable for a successful flight just as much as any other component in the chain

since i have been into drone flying and from previous experience i have always found in life that the old saying "you only get what you pay for" has been very important when it comes to products and accessories purchased for drones

the main reason being that something that flies in the air has to overcome gravity, and at some point gravity will take over the object and we all know the result so with that in mind it is important to make sure that anything you purchase for your drone is up to the task as far as keeping it airborne is concerned, and although the cable in question is on the remote it needs to be reliable for a successful flight just as much as any other component in the chain

True, props and batteries are #1 priority in quality and oem.

Cables, while not perfectly necessary to keep the bird in the air, are going to give reliable and quality feed to the viewing device, why settle for unreliability there either.

SOUTH AFRICA: Just in case anyone in South Africa needs a cable to connect their iPad to their Mavic Mini, The Thors Lightning to MicroUSB cable is available from Takealot. Minis are just starting to arrive in SA (mine hasn't yet, hopefully next week...)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa