DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Engine cover

Ralle

Reactions
Does anyone have experience with these, which would be the best option51CaFnY-SYL._AC_SL1000_.jpg51Erw+fBV6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg5136Bu0eyRL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
I have the ones with seperate screws for cover and propeller, the red ones on top of your first post. I did not have any issues with them so far. I regularely check the tight seat of the screws.

Reactions: Ralle
All DJI motors are open on top (some more than others)? What's the benefit of covering them?

All DJI motors are open on top (some more than others)? What's the benefit of covering them?
Only that it raises the front props that are hitting the AC body, to be fair if you look at the Mavic Air there isn’t a great deal of opening going on there, I think if I refit my in the future I’ll only fit the front props as reports seem to indicate rear motors are the ones maxing out thus potentially creating the most heat (not that the motors feel any hotter with covers on). I’m not endorsing them but they do fix the prop strike issue, a personal choice for the pilo.

Reactions: Ralle
If it's a blade rigidity problem, wouldn't carbon fiber blades fix this without the added weight and heat issues?

One or the other would void warranty anyways...

If it's a blade rigidity problem, wouldn't carbon fiber blades fix this without the added weight and heat issues?

One or the other would void warranty anyways...
From what I’ve seen I don’t think there are any decent carbon or replacement blades out there. Someone claimed Master Airscrew were developing some....?

Reactions: WooZie
Only that it raises the front props that are hitting the AC body, to be fair if you look at the Mavic Air there isn’t a great deal of opening going on there, I think if I refit my in the future I’ll only fit the front props as reports seem to indicate rear motors are the ones maxing out thus potentially creating the most heat (not that the motors feel any hotter with covers on). I’m not endorsing them but they do fix the prop strike issue, a personal choice for the pilo.
For this purpose, Only that it raises the front props

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61