DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini mavic copy

I have a knockoff very similar to this. I like toy drones because you can try stuff you wouldn't do with an expensive drone and don't have to worry about crashing them. They also are surprisingly durable.

The best "toy" drone tho: Parrot Mambo (with the Flypad). That thing is a blast!

I have a knockoff very similar to this. I like toy drones because you can try stuff you wouldn't do with an expensive drone and don't have to worry about crashing them. They also are surprisingly durable.

The best "toy" drone tho: Parrot Mambo (with the Flypad). That thing is a blast!

Funny you should mention the Mambo. Since my Mavic crash a couple of months ago, I've been on the hunt for a good indoor mini drone to hone my flying skills - especially since I can't force the Mavic into Atti mode. I finally decided on a Mambo FPV and bought it about a week ago. I'm extremely impressed, and I think it's an absolute perfect Mavic trainer. It doesn't have GPS, but it has barometric, ultrasonic and camera based positioning, and is as stable indoors as my Mavic is outdoors. In addition, it has 3 selectable flying modes - easy (mirrors the Mavic 'Opti' mode), drift (mirrors 'Atti' mode) and race (no sensors). It's also quite configurable from a performance standpoint. Aftermarket batteries are dirt cheap too. I got 3 with a charger for 25 bucks.

If any of the folks that fell for the hype and bought a Mavic as their first drone but are afraid of flyaways because you don't 'really' know how to fly the darned thing, I highly recommend picking up a Mambo and Flypad...

LP

I wounder how many firmware update it will have in its first week ?????

Aftermarket batteries are dirt cheap too. I got 3 with a charger for 25 bucks.
I got the extra batteries and charger too. :) Just make sure you don't run them back-to-back.. Let the Mambo cool down for a while -- the motors are coreless. But, replacement motors are only $15.

BTW- The Mambo and those little drones like it are the only thing I would buy from Parrot. The BeBop 2... well it flies great, but the video quality.. BLECH. Software is wonky too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I got the extra batteries and charger too. :) Just make sure you don't run them back-to-back.. Let the Mambo cool down for a while -- the motors are coreless. But, replacement motors are only $15.

BTW- The Mambo and those little drones like it are the only thing I would buy from Parrot. The BeBop 2... well it flies great, but the video quality.. BLECH. Software is wonky too.

Um....I just flew all 4 batteries back to back last night. Oops. Why is this bad? Is it likely that I did damage? What does the coreless motors have to do with it?

Still learning...
LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair