DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini not connecting to RC. Please help!

colorado kid

Reactions
I have turned on (and off) everything a few times. But, for some odd reason, RC is not able to connect to aircraft. I also have tried by holding power button on aircraft for the recommended 4 seconds until it beeps and is in pairing mode. But no luck....

Any other ideas what could be the issue??

Thanks!

Last edited:
Try without the SD card. Sometimes the AC gets confused with the log files on the card from before, particularly after a firmware update.
Externally format the card completely, particularly if it works without the card.

If it is a pairing issue (normally pairing should never break on its own), you have to also engage pairing at the RC, either at the RC itself or through the app.

Reactions: ff22
Try without the SD card. Sometimes the AC gets confused with the log files on the card from before, particularly after a firmware update.
Externally format the card completely, particularly if it works without the card.

If it is a pairing issue (normally pairing should never break on its own), you have to also engage pairing at the RC, either at the RC itself or through the app.
yes, it was that! tie SD card was corrupted. changed it out and all is fine. thanks!!

Danman32. I have seen mention of removing the card before but not the log thing,where did you get that from please?

I have the same issue and have tried several times to pair the rc with the air craft. I have also tried to remove the SD card and that does not work. I need more advice.

Danman32. I have seen mention of removing the card before but not the log thing,where did you get that from please?
I admit that's an educated guess, but what else could cause the AC to not boot fully after a firmware update, when before update with same card installed was fine? There are log files on the card. I don't think anyone here knows exactly what they are for though.

I have the same issue and have tried several times to pair the rc with the air craft. I have also tried to remove the SD card and that does not work. I need more advice.
Could try firmware refresh using Assistant 2.

Be sure Mini and RC are fairly close when doing the pairing.
However if the two has been paired and working before and never paired with something else, they should never lose pairing. Something else could be preventing the connection.

Reactions: colorado kid
If you updated the firmware on your drone but did not update the controller and you are using an android phone you have to go to dji.com, download the newest android version on the phone and apply the update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme