DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini or pro

Randy the locator

Reactions
I am in the process of researching drones to purchase so your opinions are welcomed ....mavic mini fly more combo $499.00 or the Mavic Pro fly more combo $849.00 what ya all think ?

Thanks
Randy

Welcome to the forum.
Is this your first drone ?
If it is it is prone for first time flyers to have issues as it is light and will get away from you.
I have had several MP's and also have the Mini. Is cheaper but knowing what I do from having one and reading in here I would suggest the MP.
JMO
Good luck with whatever you do get and do do some reading in the Mini section to see what i'm talking about.Thumbswayup

It depends on what you want. I do a lot of hiking and than the mini is great. If you serieusly want to make photos and videos with manual control go for the mavic Pro. Just a quick point and shoot take a mini. Lot's of wind better buy a pro. The pro has much more options, but also needs more manual control. I had a Mavic Pro and still have a mini.

Reactions: old man mavic
Good luck with whatever you do get and do do some reading in the Mini section to see what i'm talking about.Thumbswayup
Im with Dirkclod on this one, Obviously a big factor is your budget. I would read the Mavic Mini Forums, however I would try to not let others negative experience turn you away from the MINI, I personally haven't ever had any issues what so ever with my MINI and Love it. As with any DJI product your gonna get what you pay for, and its gonna be good quality, Regardless I think anyone in the Forums would recommend the Fly More Combo as an absolute must!

as Dc said the MPP flymore package would be you best bet just because of the ocusync if nothing else and is much better in wind than the MM

Ya I have been doing a lot of reading and its i dunno about 75 % of the people hate the mini because of the fly away, not real stable in the wind lack of user settings. oh and yes this is my first drone

Ya I have been doing a lot of reading and its i dunno about 75 % of the people hate the mini because of the fly away, not real stable in the wind lack of user settings. oh and yes this is my first drone
Your gonna have to be cautious of wend regardless of what you buy, some are gonna handle better than others but none the less you should always take precautions. If budget is not an issue than M2P should be a go to drone for anyone.

MP unless you need a smaller portable quad. Maybe consider a refurbished MP which would give you a bit more cash to purchase accessories.

If the Mini is worth considering for you for other reasons than the lower price, then I draw one more from the deck ... the Air ;)

-Equal camera qualities & settings as for the MP

-Equal amount of quick shot modes as the MP

-Equal flight characteristics, wind resistance & power as the MP

-Portability, just a tad larger then the Mini if including the RC ... much smaller if wanted, as it can be operated without RC just over phone ... & even smaller as it's operational even without a phone, this in close vicinity just by hand gestures.

-Equal fully fledged control interface as the MP (GO4)

-A bit more OD sensors (rear) than the MP & Advanced Pilot Assistance System (APAS) technology which will allow the drone to attempt to bypass obstacles in front of it, while you are flying using the Remote Controller which Air was the first model to get.

-Built in memory of 8gb

-Equal transmission system as the Mini ... MP outperforms here with occusync.

-On the downside for the Air is the battery time ... where Air have on paper spec 21min, the MP have 27min & the Mini 30min

If not considered yet it can be a good alternative also ...

If only the Mini & the MP remains as your only alternatives ... I'd say go for the MP any day, the only pros with the Mini over the MP & MA is a couple more battery minutes, when it comes to the other specs the Mini isn't even coming close.

Reactions: old man mavic
I am in the process of researching drones to purchase so your opinions are welcomed ....mavic mini fly more combo $499.00 or the Mavic Pro fly more combo $849.00 what ya all think ?

Thanks
Randy
I had a brand new MM and I returner it to the shop and got my money back. After that I bought a used MP fly more combo in mint condition with a little bit over one hour of total fly time. Payed 50% of full price! The MP has many more options and sensors for a "god flight" than the MM.
It is also much safer to fly in wind and it "always" returns home! Go for it! You will not regret! ?

It seems that right now the mini is going through this un-commanded decent issue, not to mention the wind issues.
So I would be hard-pressed to recommend a Mini.

Thanks
Randy

I own both the MPP and the Mini. Depending on your usage/travel size matters. The mini is much more convenient when space is premium however the power/stability/sensors gives the MPP the win. I do like the mini batteries less fuss than the MPP. The Mini is less tolerant of winds obviously. It's really up to how/where you plan on using it. Look at the specs and read these forums before pulling the trigger OR just go for it and buy BOTH then choose which to take alone on your next adventure! Enjoy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803