DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini pro 3 RC hanging on start up

MrDuluth

Reactions
Hi. I have a Mini pro 3 with the DJI RC. I don’t connect it to wifi. I’m now having trouble booting up the controller because I get the “Flight Records storage limit reached” error message. But since I don’t connect it to wifi, I have no way of getting off this screen. When I do hit “upload now” it just hangs because there is no way for it to connect. And I can’t get past this screen to connect it to wifi. Is there any way around this? I’m effectively locked out of my controller now.

Attachments

• IMG_6083.jpeg
    IMG_6083.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Have you tried connecting the controller to your computer with a USB cable and trying to offload the flight records that way? Seems like you would still be able to mount it as a USB drive.

Reactions: tribar
the only way to get the RC working and clearing those records is to have it connected to your internet modem using WIFI if you do the double swipe down on the screen and touch the WIFI icon then the RC will connect to the DJI server and you will be able to clear the records cache

Reactions: KLRSKIR
the only way to get the RC working and clearing those records is to have it connected to your internet modem using WIFI if you do the double swipe down on the screen and touch the WIFI icon then the RC will connect to the DJI server and you will be able to clear the records cache
I had a similar message on my RC controller, & I use that with my Mini 3 Pro.

I haven't had the same problem that the OP had, as I can still access mine by simply hitting the “Download now”.

It goes to a screen listing all of my flight logs going back nearly a year when I first used the RC & drone.

I don't usually use a Wifi connection for anything with my RC, & I don't have or use a smartphone.

I do see the option to download those log files to my computer, so I created a file & saved them there, but can those logs be saved to whatever service is used, I'm guessing “the cloud”?

I presume the “sync now” option sends them to “cloud”, but I wonder…

A question about the DJI RC controller, & this message I got on the screen when starting it:

“RC Flight Record Storage Limit Reached”

It looks like I can choose the “Sync” option, or download the logs to my computer.

What happens to “Synced” flight logs, & are they available for me to access later?

I did download them to a saved file on my computer, but I can't access them there either.

Regardless of the option method, is it safe to delete those flight logs from my RC controller after they are down – or uploaded, or do I lose them?

Which option is better, & why, & what's the difference?

Does DJI gain access to them, or are they stored in some private cloud?

Are those accessible to the “drone police” – aka, DJI, FAA, or other gov't alphabet agency?

What privacy / data-sharing settings must be turned on, if any?

If I just downloaded those logs to my computer, are they available for transferring to any other device I might get in the future?

Are those accessible to the “drone police” – aka, DJI, FAA, or other gov't alphabet agency?
US only: Yes, with a warrant/subpoena. They're stored on DJI servers, and I'm about 127.3% certain that should DJI be presented with a legal subpoena from a US law enforcement agency, they would comply.

Can't speak to other countries, but probably the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ